8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i just installed my sportlines and the drop doesnt appear to be as low as others with the same springs. do they take a while to settle or what. i had skunk2 springs on it before but wanted the rear to be lower so i went with sportlines due to the fact that they give a more even drop, but i was just wondering.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
they may not have cut off those bump stop thing on the rear springs like they are supposed to. I dont thing they did on mine either. here's how low it will be.

·
Banned
28,158 Posts
The OP's bumpstops are cut already

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
yea give it a week or so. You can see my pictures of lowering my Si on sportlines.

.Mac Web Gallery

The pics from right after the drop aren't as low as the more recent pics. It took up to 2 weeks to fully settle :)

right after we dropped it, I still had a 2 finger gap. Now i have no gap

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
didn't the skunk2 springs do a 2" drop vs. the sportlines 1.4 all around?

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea give it a week or so. You can see my pictures of lowering my Si on sportlines.

.Mac Web Gallery

The pics from right after the drop aren't as low as the more recent pics. It took up to 2 weeks to fully settle :)

right after we dropped it, I still had a 2 finger gap. Now i have no gap
damn eric, havent heard from you since the meet in pembrooke! thanks for the post!

didn't the skunk2 springs do a 2" drop vs. the sportlines 1.4 all around?
not even close bro, the drop is extremely close to the stechs. ie, not low at all!

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they may not have cut off those bump stop thing on the rear springs like they are supposed to. I dont thing they did on mine either. here's how low it will be.

yeah, i got some tokico struts that i installed, the guy i bought them from included the bumpstops that he had precut so thats not it, but i can see it settling already! thanks guys

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I'm trying to hold out until the Koni's are released, but if i don't see something by the end of spring/beginning of summer, i may go with something else. I have had this incredible urge to work on my car lately... just no money to do it with at the moment :\

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
^ dude i totally feel you...i had the urge of getting down and dirty with the baby mama.
but no cash.

hmm i see that most are using tokico's with sportlines.
i think i will wait as well for the koni's or Tokico D-spec.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts