8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so there seems to be some confusion about the Spoon Wide View Rearview mirror accessory. I did some research and looked at some past threads and noticed many people were buying the wrong model mirror for our cars. This item is made in Japan (Spoon) so they are using a Type R for fitment molds. Something I figured out is the USDM Si has a different size stock rearview mirror than the FD2.

Take a look at this for sale thread as an example

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/interior-exterior-fs/299072-bnib-spoon-rear-view-mirror.html

So basically I cross referenced the CR-Z Spoon Wide View rearview mirror with ours and noticed that the USDM 8th gen civic has the same Honda rear view mirror part number as the 09 - current CR-Z. So in this case the Spoon part number we need is 76400-BRM-004, NOT THE 76400-BRM-000 which some websites sell as "universal fitment" which is not true. Hope this helps anyone looking to purchase this. I like the Broadway mirrors too but the Spoon one is really, really nice when you get the correct one.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good info. How much does it stick out from the base? ie is it obvious that u have an extra mirror stuck on there?
Doesn't stick out at all. It fits right into the lip right over the existing mirror with double-sided tape. You can't even tell. Perfect fitment.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 39 Posts