8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my 08 civic lx has 180,000 miles on it. I noticed the speedometer was blinking and one LED was out on the gas indicator. So I brought a new one and it looks brand new around 90k on it. My question is, is it normal for the LED on the left of the gas indicator to be like this?
Automotive lighting Automotive design Hood Vehicle door Personal luxury car
it was like this in the old and now the new speedometer

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the tank is full of gas. I took this picture after I put in gas. If that’s the case. Whenever this fuel pump goes out. I’ll put in a new Assembly

·
Registered
63 Posts
If it happens on the old and new ones it might not be the dash thats got a faulty led, could be a wire leading to the led that is bad or not fully connected to the harness etc.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am pretty sure someone mentioned earlier that this gen Honda was trying to go with lead free solder points in the displays, so it's not an early production vs late production issue, its just an issue.

·
Registered
63 Posts
And if you have no knowledge of how to solder or desolder, I recommend just purchasing a new speedometer and cluster assembly or going to a pick a parts place and getting one for cheap. If you accidentally solder 2 of the pins together then you'll have some weird messed up gas gauge reading, and also if you burn the board uh oh. On a quick google search you can find one for $100. Pick a part would probably be more like 50 or less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts