8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I own a 2007 Civic Sedan (right hand drive). My speedo display ,fuel gauge ,temp gauge and the immobilizer light went blank
a few days ago. The workshop where i showed the car to managed to get it to work by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting again.

The display worked for a while until 10 days later when it went off again. I had to resort to the same method of reconnecting the battery after disconnecting to get it to work.

Any ideas as what could the issue be ? could it be due to water/moisture as the rainy season is on going here.Honda service center adviced if there is issue with the meter then it would have to be replaced.

·
Does this do anything?
2,716 Posts
If it was a water/moisture issue, disconnecting the battery probably wouldn't fix the issue. I'd be leaning toward the cluster or the MICU.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,

I own a 2007 Civic Sedan (right hand drive). My speedo display ,fuel gauge ,temp gauge and the immobilizer light went blank
a few days ago. The workshop where i showed the car to managed to get it to work by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting again.

The display worked for a while until 10 days later when it went off again. I had to resort to the same method of reconnecting the battery after disconnecting to get it to work.

Any ideas as what could the issue be ? could it be due to water/moisture as the rainy season is on going here.Honda service center adviced if there is issue with the meter then it would have to be replaced.
How did you fix the issue. I have the exact issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts