8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friends where driving yesterday from seattle to spokane and they didnt get lucky and a heli caught them speeding and said they whre going 25 over so any one have expernce with one of those tickets being reduced or what ever?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Tell em' to not plead guilty. They will reduce points but the fine may be higher. That's new York atleast, don't know about Seattle

·
Registered
891 Posts
pavel you didn't show up yesterday to our meet. what happened?

i was caught by plane going from seattle to spokane. can't do or say much. just contest the ticket because they'll get it reduced just by contesting. won't win it to get it dismissed but it'll be a cushion for their pocket.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
If you can't do anything about it and end up having to pay, I was told to pay the ticke price for an extra $5 over. They'll send you a check for the $5, but don't cash it. This keeps the case open and the ticket wont show on your friend's record or insurance. But the cops wont send out a warrent for you because you paid it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pavel you didn't show up yesterday to our meet. what happened?

i was caught by plane going from seattle to spokane. can't do or say much. just contest the ticket because they'll get it reduced just by contesting. won't win it to get it dismissed but it'll be a cushion for their pocket.
i was there. i talked to some of the guys.

thanks for the help ill tell them

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you can't do anything about it and end up having to pay, I was told to pay the ticke price for an extra $5 over. They'll send you a check for the $5, but don't cash it. This keeps the case open and the ticket wont show on your friend's record or insurance. But the cops wont send out a warrent for you because you paid it :thumbsup:
yeah i heard the same from alot of ppl. and i heard that it workd so 5 bucks is worth the try

·
Registered
456 Posts
Tickets out of state ( in my experience ) dont affect your license. Got a ticket in Utah a few years back never showed up on my MVR

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
bs it dont work trust me i know and so do my 9 points on my license

1 - 13 of 13 Posts