8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speed magazine has a nice feature about a TRD supercharged tC vs. the stock Si. Wow! A great read and another finding by a great driver.
Anyways, someone asked about the shift points or specs for the gears and I am going to list them. They have a nice spread on page 46 with performance info. Remember this demon is stock!

gear ratios: 3.27,2.13,1.52,1.15,0.92,0.66
speed in gears: 36,56,78,103,129,na
final drive ratio: 4.77:1
0-60: 6.8
1/4 mile: 15.1 @ 94.6

·
Registered
518 Posts
GeorgiaBoy said:
Speed magazine has a nice feature about a TRD supercharged tC vs. the stock Si. Wow! A great read and another finding by a great driver.
Anyways, someone asked about the shift points or specs for the gears and I am going to list them. They have a nice spread on page 46 with performance info. Remember this demon is stock!

gear ratios: 3.27,2.13,1.52,1.15,0.92,0.66
speed in gears: 36,56,78,103,129,na
final drive ratio: 4.77:1
0-60: 6.8
1/4 mile: 15.1 @ 94.6

yup yup
good read
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
well one source tells me 15.7 now 15.1..hmm well Im sure with I/h/e & hondata (when its available..if it is) we should see the Si pull some nice 14 sec passes..quarter mile times are nice to know and all, but as i'v been in the secene for sometime now, I look for the overall performance and handling of car as a means to brag'n rites. I mean a car that can pull 15 sec 1/4 mile time is decent to some respects but real racers turn the wheel.

·
Registered
45 Posts
954K20_SI said:
well one source tells me 15.7 now 15.1..hmm well Im sure with I/h/e & hondata (when its available..if it is) we should see the Si pull some nice 14 sec passes..quarter mile times are nice to know and all, but as i'v been in the secene for sometime now, I look for the overall performance and handling of car as a means to brag'n rites. I mean a car that can pull 15 sec 1/4 mile time is decent to some respects but real racers turn the wheel.
:thumb: Good man (or...?) I've always known the time to be 15.1, i don't think i/h/e/hondata would be necesary to get into the 14's. honestly, better wheel/tire and a decent driver should do it.

I last read ToV with some minor bolt on's got their SI at a 102 (or was it 103?) mph trap speed on the quarter but wouldn't release their times. that's pretty impressive imo for the little but mighty civic.

I don't forsee any problems keeping up with stock srt-4's, wrx's, 350z's, rx8's, cobalt ss's, mini cooper s's, etc. after the tuning scene expands a bit. note i said "stock" So dont get all pissy about this or that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Ummm i do with srt4's that bastard child of dodge is a fast fucking car...
and it did beat my si but, i took him off the line :p another good thing is i didn't lose to it that bad.and for it have a turbo charger that is really sad for a NA car lol its dodge soo i think we can all understand

·
Registered
45 Posts
06_civic_si_gi said:
Ummm i do with srt4's that bastard child of dodge is a fast fucking car...
and it did beat my si but, i took him off the line :p another good thing is i didn't lose to it that bad.and for it have a turbo charger that is really sad for a NA car lol its dodge soo i think we can all understand
ya got problems then. notice i am comparing a lightly modded 06' SI (ToV's) to a stock Srt-4. I understand the dodge can be exploited to fast times, but damn it... it isn't THAT fast off the lot. here taken from Car and Driver who, no offense, will get numbers you or I will never achieve, had an SRT-4 with the $1200 ACR package (firmer suspension and stickier tires)

"0-to-60 time (5.6 seconds), the quickest and fastest quarter-mile blast (14.3 seconds at 99 mph)"

Don't bring in a modified SRT4 into the picutre, as i'm purposely leaving it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts