8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I trying to find a reputable speed shop and so i was wondering If anyone on here knows of a shop somewhat nearby(im willing to drive some). I am trying to find a shop with the capabilities of k-pro'ing my 06 Si. I understand alot of the issues at hand with this mod so please dont flame me I am just looking for a good shop with workers that love cars and will help me with this... and not just a shop that could give a s#%t about it getting done and just want money. I think personally the hardest part is going to be finding someone that knows enough about the wiring to hard wire the rsx ecu and civic ecu together. I have grown impatient with Hondata and with no end to the wait in site I am taking matters into my own hands. I have seen this done and work from another shop too. Not trying to ramble too much but that bothered me to see a speed shop figure out how to K-pro the new si before the actual creators of the k-pro. Dont get my wrong those guys are pioneers man, no taking away from what theyve done, it just bothered me. And i know theyve got a duel ecu setup for the tsx and s2000(both drive by wire) working. so we cant be far behind but ive been telling myself that since i bought the car. So again any help is appreciated and sorry for the rant at the end. Its just one of those situations if you want something done a certain way you have to go make it happen, Im tired of waiting. kpro'd 06 si=NOW

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Please don't let them touch your car. I honestly can't think of any shop in Richmond I would let do this. Especially since very few people have actually pulled this off. Even a shop line Inline Pro in Springfield who do amazing work probably don't want to tackle this one. I think your best bet is to contact the shop that has already done it and do some traveling if you really want to have this done.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Please don't let them touch your car. I honestly can't think of any shop in Richmond I would let do this. Especially since very few people have actually pulled this off. Even a shop line Inline Pro in Springfield who do amazing work probably don't want to tackle this one. I think your best bet is to contact the shop that has already done it and do some traveling if you really want to have this done.
Really? You had a bad experience?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh ive heard some unhappy customers with rpm and like nbilyue says i dont think they could handle the install....well im gonna have to expand my area ...i dont mind driving just not across the country thanks guys

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i prob will.......alittle off topic but while reading my Sport Compact Car ....which by the way was the last issue SWEET the end of my favorite mag....they had a review of 2008 sema and in it under the pic of the hondata ecu for an s2000 it did say that hondata said it would be expanding their programmable ecu's to include more dbw applications in the upcoming months.....now im stupid and i know it is just a simple statement but the lack of use of the word "year" and their use of "months" made me happy so if i dont get this accomplished with a custom install maybe just maybe the wait for the real thing is down to months and not years.....but who knows what those crazy people at hondata will do

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
Adrenaline Autoworks, over not too far away on Southside. Google them, I just got my header installed there and they're awesome!

PS: Never go to RPM

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i spoke with Adrenaline Autoworks and they said that my options were: the hondata reflash, an ems called "electro-motive" (which would be like a duel ecu set-up) or completely custom with motec or equivlent.....he recommended the reflash for now because i want an n/a setup but he said they could do the work and would but just recommended waiting until hondata comes out with whatever it is they are making for our cars....he said the amount of money I would have to throw at it would not make it worth it unless I was going f/i .......skinsfn36 you were right they were very helpful and informative thanks for the referral....................here is the link for the electro-motive ems

Electromotive TEC-GT EMS

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it looks like patience is going to be the name of the game.....o and he said the new stand alone by aem is not worth the money

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
yeah, they are a great shop, their really nice and do great work for a good price...dyno day there if your interested, feb. 28th at adrenaline, $50 for 2 pulls and a/f if you want it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts