8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Skunk2 - '06-'11 Civic Si Cold-Air Intake

Skunk2 drew upon its experience and longstanding technical partnership with championship-winning Compass360 Racing when developing its all-new Cold-Air Intake for the ’06-’11 Civic Si. The results are the best performing, best fitting intake system available

Fully assembled Cold-Air Intake system shown with the supplied MAF sensor adapter.

Each kit includes a 3.5-inch internal diameter lower tube and a tapered, 3.5-inch to 3.0-inch internal diameter upper tube.

The two piece design and supplied MAF sensor adapter allows for compatibility with vehicles utilizing the factory ECU

A high-quality silicone adapter is included, which eliminates the MAF sensor and supplied MAF sensor connector for vehicles with the appropriate engine management system. The specially designed connector eliminates the step from tube to tube for a seamless transition.

Skunk2’s Cold-Air Intake is manufactured from molded polymer plastic for superior intake air insulation when compared to aluminum as well as for a smooth, continuous taper.

A specially shaped, silicone upper radiator hose is also included with each kit to ensure maximum clearance for the intake tubing and proper fitment.

Each Cold-Air Intake kit includes relocation hardware for the battery, ECU, fuse box, and cooling system reservoir tank.

Unlike other intake systems, only Skunk2’s unique design and brackets allow for the OEM battery to be retained.

Skunk2's carefully positioned tubing and air filter make for an easy installation that doesn't require cutting or modifying of the factory fender liners and greatly reduces the chances of water entering the intake during wet conditions.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I.pmed.you. I'm.willing to buy this and.do some testing.thru some etunes.comparisons if it's not ridiculously priced. I currently have exhaust and header and stock box with resonator removed, so I could provide some good comparison plots.

·
Registered
529 Posts
What are the projected gains of this intake? Very interested, I have been wanting a cold-air with the option of keeping the stock battery.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
I.pmed.you. I'm.willing to buy this and.do some testing.thru some etunes.comparisons if it's not ridiculously priced. I currently have exhaust and header and stock box with resonator removed, so I could provide some good comparison plots.
^legit dude....very reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
^legit dude....very reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Chuck. I've been waiting for an intake that ultilizes the stock.battery without having to alter the wiring harness to relocate it. It also looks like the location is slightly higher to lessen the chance of hydrolocking.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
What are the projected gains of this intake? Very interested, I have been wanting a cold-air with the option of keeping the stock battery.
There has been no release of potential gains yet but we'll announce it when we find out. We have a couple sponsor SI that would probably be putting this on!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts