8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just bought a headlight replacement from spec d and it comes with led DRL with black and white wire my question is where do you connect this wires?

·
Registered
2008 Fg1
109 Posts
My headlights came with wiring just like that. I attached the black and white wires to my old DRL wires with a couple of connectors that were provided with the headlights. One is power, one is ground, I just dont remember which is which. I'll take a look and maybe a picture in the morning!

·
Registered
2008 Fg1
109 Posts
I know this isnt the best picture ever, but I attached the white wire to the red running light wire, and the black one to the black running light wire. Do your lights have halos or something like that? If so, that's what they are for.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I assume they do it like that on purpose to give folks the option to power them however they'd like, be it running it off a switch or having them turn on only when the actual headlights are on. If you just want them to be on all the time like 2strokedude then you can just grab some wire t-taps and splice into the high beam connector and they should turn on anytime the car turns on the stock DRLs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I assume they do it like that on purpose to give folks the option to power them however they'd like, be it running it off a switch or having them turn on only when the actual headlights are on. If you just want them to be on all the time like 2strokedude then you can just grab some wire t-taps and splice into the high beam connector and they should turn on anytime the car turns on the stock DRLs.
dont the DRL turn off when u turn on the low beams? im having this predicament myself. i want my halos on all the time regardless of my low beams or my high beams being on. what would i do

·
Registered
24 Posts
dont the DRL turn off when u turn on the low beams? im having this predicament myself. i want my halos on all the time regardless of my low beams or my high beams being on. what would i do
I bought a set of aftermarket headlights with halos. And what I did was wire the halos to the parking lights so I can turn them on/off whenever I want.
Tire Wheel Car Automotive lighting Hood

This is how they look. I didnt even crank up the car, I just turn on the parking lights, and there they are. Hope this could help.
PS: when I lock/unlock the car they also comes on which is pretty sick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts