8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Civic EX w/ NAV
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a lot to read but thank you to everyone who takes the time to actually read it!!

Hello everyone, I’m new here and I’m aware there’s dozens of other threads with similar issues however I have found none that answer my question specifically.

I have a 2007 Civic EX W/ NAV & Premium Audio System I got from a salvage auction (quarter panel damage) a couple months ago and all of the audio modes work fine and the system sound fantastic BUT when I try to play music from my iPhone on AUX, the sound would cut in and out even in park. Before you say it’s the aux input and I need to replace it, I already tried that and there’s no difference. Again, the speakers work fine on every other mode so there’s no connection issue there. In one of the threads I read, someone mentioned when they push in on the head unit the speakers cut in and out so I gave that a try and sure enough it does it for me too. I decided to take the head unit out and wiggle some wires around and I found that these specific wires are what’s causing the speakers to malfunction. If I hold the wires in tight everything works fine but as soon as I let them go, they mess up. With that being said I thought it had something to do with the aux and naturally I thought it was the aux harness but I did some research and it turns out that harness and connector is the “Audio-Navigation Unit Connector E (14P).” I go back and just simply unplug it to see what happens and it turns out the XM mode isn’t available on the radio anymore, upon further research I find what I unplugged was the harness for the XM Satellite radio and I never used it anyways so it’s not a big deal but I play my music from the aux and it works 100% perfectly now.

I’m hoping it stays this way but a good drive on my town’s pot hole infested, uneven roads to return this part should give it enough vibrations to wiggle anything that isn’t securely connected and tell me if the speakers are cutting in and out again.

My questions for those who made it to the end is simple...

Can an audio mode cause another audio mode to mess up in a situation like mine due to faulty wiring?
&
Can the factory amp cause only a single audio mode (aux) to short out and cause speakers to cut in and out?

Thanks again!!
Oh and let me know if you need pictures to further explain anything.

Update:
Ok
so I drove it around no problems, everything is going well. I came home rolled back into my driveway and then it happened again, the speakers start cutting in and out. I wiggled some more wires in the back and noticed it could be the connector A or B. I will take it out and try to investigate and keep you updated but any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2007 Civic EX w/ NAV
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I really goofed this time. I cut the aux/amp harness out without thinking and I was gonna just re-pin the wires into the harness but I can’t actually get the pins out. I went to my local radio store and they did not want to help me. I asked if they could take the pins out and before I finished my question the guy was shaking his head no and said that was the worst thing I could’ve done and when I asked if he had a stock one for my car, he cut me off and said no before I was even able to tell him what car it was for. I left and am now asking the community for help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts