1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats up all

I have the pioneer900bt and all infinity 6o22i hooked up to a TMA T2-320.4

I have the xm activated and the ipod cord

Well the other day when i connected my ipod i noticed that my dirvers side front speaker wasn't playing at all...no sound was coming out

so i figure my ipod cord was loose or something so i just turned the radio on instead and all was fine and the speaker worked

so today i was going somewhere and when i got in my car with the cd playing....the same speaker wasnt working so i adjusted the fad and blance to ensure it just wasnt my ears playing tricks on me and sure enought the front left speaker isnt working

I'm not sure what the issue is i dont know if the speaker is blown or its a bad connection somewhere...the speakers have been in about a year but only about 6 months with a amp

someone please let me know things to check

Also in the event that the speaker is blown can someone suggest a component set compariable to the clarity of my current infinity's that will work with my current 4 channel amp for a price under 350$

·
Registered
343 Posts
it could either be a loose connection at the speaker, or headunit. you cant tell without looking. its also hard to know if its blown without making sure its a loose connection. once you have the door off, if you dont have a meter, touch a 9 volt battery to the speaker terminals briefly. if you do have a meter, check the ohm load.

im very happy with my DD CX6.5's, coax are approx 130, components are 190, and the audioque germans are $200(plus shipping)(VERY nice component set, takes quite a bit of power tho, i believe the midbasses like about 150w RMS (clean) power each.

the DD components have really bright tweeters, but they can be mellowed out. coax's dont for some reason.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts