8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought some 6 1/2" Energy ENC650X coaxial and 6 1/2" Energy ENC650CV component speakers ..... I bought the Scosche speaker adapters, turns out the speaker basket was too big, even though the adapters says from 6 1/2" to 6 3/4" speaker. I cut the rings to fit my speakers and then had to counter sink the adapter mount bolt hole so the speaker could fit flat on the ring. Now it turns out the speaker still doesn't fit because the dam hole on the rear speaker deck is still too small to fit the speakers.

Looks like I have to cut some metal to fit the speaker and I didn't want to do that. Haven't even started on the doors yet and think its going to be the same problems.

·
Registered
837 Posts
One way to possibly avoid cutting metal is to get some thicker spacers. Those "adapters" are pretty damn crappy anyway, I believe, if they are what I think they are.

If you don't have the means yourself, you should be able to find some decent speaker rings on eBay, or ask around on some car audio forums.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
You can bed the two tabs that protrude into the opening in the rear deck downward to make room for the speakers. The front doors also have this stupid tab in them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts