8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a noises coming from my speakers. I have an aftermarket headunit (kenwood all-in-one navi unit if it matters, everything else is stock). So I have had this unit in for probably 1 1/2 years. Couple months ago I have been getting these buzzing noises. Some days it is worse than others, more pronounced, etc. And it is usually the front passenger speaker and/or the rear(s), but everyday is different and I have heard it on the driver side as well. At times there is no buzzing/fizzing noise at all but after driving over say a bump or something the buzzing comes out. And vise versa if the buzzing noise is already there from the start it sometimes goes away after driving over crappy roads.

I am guessing the stock amp is going bad maybe?....any ideas???

·
Registered
94 Posts
i am also having the same exact problem i have an aftermarket HU running to the factory amp and amp/sub. At first i thought it was a ground loop problem so i made sure that the power wire and RCA's were on separate sides but still have that humming that you are referring to

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.