8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 civic si with HFP suspension kit on it. I bought the ingalls camber bolts, 2 per side for the front and now have -1.8 Lt and -1.6 Rt camber up front. I also bought and had installed the SPC rear camber kit. When I went for an ailiment I could only get the camber as low as -0.8 in the one bolt position and when I rebolted the camber arms using the other set of bolt holes I could only get it as high as -1.9. Hence there is a large range between -0.8 and -1.9 that I am not able to acheive? Does this sound right to you? I looked at it with the mechanic and it was all we could do.

Any way I settled on;
Front -1.8, -1.6
Rear -0.8, -0.8

zero toe

Progess rear sway bar
Michilen PS2

Might over steer i don't know?
Feedback?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
El_mahone said:
I have a 2006 civic si with HFP suspension kit on it. I bought the ingalls camber bolts, 2 per side for the front and now have -1.8 Lt and -1.6 Rt camber up front. I also bought and had installed the SPC rear camber kit. When I went for an ailiment I could only get the camber as low as -0.8 in the one bolt position and when I rebolted the camber arms using the other set of bolt holes I could only get it as high as -1.9. Hence there is a large range between -0.8 and -1.9 that I am not able to acheive? Does this sound right to you? I looked at it with the mechanic and it was all we could do.

Any way I settled on;
Front -1.8, -1.6
Rear -0.8, -0.8

zero toe

Progess rear sway bar
Michilen PS2

Might over steer i don't know?
Feedback?
ok..i know wha the problem is..i had the same thing when i installed mine. i had the braket installed backward on one side and it wouldnt allow the camber to be adjusted correctly. but from the sounds of your situation...instead of using the washer and adjusting bolt..you are just unbolting the bracket and using the other holes?

1. make sure you are using the correct holes on the barcket (the ones that are furthest away from where the camber arm mounts to the bracket)
2. also, make sure the bracket is facing the correct way on the car...i had 1 on my car correctly and the other was backwards. study the directions that came with it and you should be able to figure out what i mean. i can take a picture tonight if you would like.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wow, that's wierd. I put s-tech's on mine and my rear camber was a lot more negative than the front. According the the print out they gave me, the rear can be as much as -2.3 degrees.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Why not just even out the fronts to the lowest setting common to both (-1.6)? Anyhow, rear camber at half the front is what the folks at TOV are recommending. I've got -2 in the rear with the factory parts, which means the car is definitely set up to understeer.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tech said it the front ailinment numbers were flickering back and forth and it was "close enough".

I beleive from driving the car it dos now tend to over steer.

something has to be wrong with the control arm install, I guess I need to find the instructions if the mechanic left them for me.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone have pictures of the spc rear camber kit installed properly, I mean pictures of the bracket and control arms themselves? Iseems the mechanic that did the install for me threw out the instructions.

·
Registered
261 Posts
El_mahone said:
Does anyone have pictures of the spc rear camber kit installed properly, I mean pictures of the bracket and control arms themselves? Iseems the mechanic that did the install for me threw out the instructions.
+1 on proper bracket installation pics.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
check out the DIY on the B&G coilovers. The "B" holes were used in that installation and the poster states that using the "A" holes (heh heh) are good for a DD. Im pretty sure that by using the B holes you are setting yourself up for a good amount of negative camber in the rear. Mine are like that and I still need to switch them. :(

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to be clear, I have solved this problem. There are pictures on this forum of the correct install by another user. I did though find that there was a gap between the acheivable camber angles when using the a holes and the b holes. this maybe only on my suspension which has a minimal drop. whith more drop this might not be the case. I settled on -1.7 in front and -1.4 in the rear. this has given me neutral steering. -1.7 front and -0.8 rear resulted in oversteering and a rear end that floated around allot. I seem to have a dead zone in the rear of unacheivable camber angles between -0.8 and -1.4. but I'm fine with the current settings and happy with how my car performs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts