8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, is it possible to put spacers on with your 17" or 18" HFP wheels?? Has anyone done this?? I just want the wheels to be flush with the side of the car. I have both the 17" and 18" HFP wheels and I suppose they have the same offset. Any insight guys? Pics?

:popcorn:

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
Im sure you can put spacers on any wheels, just have to get longer studs on anything bigger than a 3-5mm spacer.

I have 3mm on the front due to my camber. Tire would rub on the coilover if I didnt have the spacer.

·
Registered
526 Posts
imo spacers arent worth it if your goal is trying to be flush.
you would need at least 10mm with longer studs. which could cost quite a bit... i think it was about 200 for 4 wheels(canadian).... plus the labour was about an hour each side maybe more depending on how crusty your old studs are (they need to hammer it out i think)....

in the end i weighted the pros and cons.....

pro: flush fitment

con: cost, safety(spacers arent as safe as no spacers, dont let anyone tell you otherwise)... which is a big issue for me.

best bet would be to buy new wheels! cost more but hell... you can sell the HFP wheels, recover part of the cost for new wheels...

·
Registered
8,546 Posts
:eek:hsnap: oh nice. I have a couple of questions for ya then lol:

1) do you have them on the front and back?
2) how big are your spacers?
3) how much were they?
4) where can I find cheap spacers?
5) any pics?

i think there only on the back i dont remember i put them on so long ago LOL
there 3mm spacers from what i remember
i got them when i bought my SI wheels
you can find them anywhere or on here alot of member sell em
i dont have pics but i can take some if you would like

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
hmm... i might have to run 3mm just because my tires are so close to my shock body.

did you have a good amount of threads left on the stud nomar06?
i got about 7 turns or so on the lugs. you should be fine with 3mm up front, thats what I've had for 2 years now.

My tires are still like 5 mm away from the springs....:giggle:

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
:eek:hsnap: oh nice. I have a couple of questions for ya then lol:

1) do you have them on the front and back?
2) how big are your spacers?
3) how much were they?
4) where can I find cheap spacers?
5) any pics?

1. front only
2. 3mm
3. $10 or so?
4. any rim shop that installs wheels

I have camber in the front and rear so my wheels are angled in. Wont look anything like what your going for. If you want flush then buy 10 or 15mm H&R spacers, they run $150 a pair. Might as well but diff wheels with a lower offset.

stock camber for comparison.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.