8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my close friends wanted to drive my Si so I let him. I sat in the passenger side and wow there is a sound difference on that side. It sounds a little meaner and louder I think!!!

Any one else expirence this? or it migh just be me!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
ive never noticed, but ive only been in the passenger seat once when vtec was actually hit (my brother)

its possible though because the exhaust system is more towards the passenger side

·
Registered
549 Posts
I thought the same thing, but I figured I was just paying attention to it more (since I wasn't the one driving). I suppose it is possible since the acoustics aren't symmetrical.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
ive never been in my car when it was driven by someone else...in fact...its never been driven by anyone but me. now i am curious too though.
i do know that my wife always tells me its loud when shes on the phone and i wind it up a bit (ive got stock exhaust).
i guess to find out if this is true or not id have to let someone else drive my car...it may just have to remain a mystery...

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
oh man the first time i let my friend drive mine alone he took off down the street and omg i was like thats my car???!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts