8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how many of you are interested in sound quality reproductions in cars, but SQ (Sound QUALITY) competitions at IASCA are what thrill me. I'm not into how loud a car can get, but how well a car can achieve staging and imaging given certain music.

I installed a pretty nice sound quality set up in my old toyota camry, and i've helped install many other sound applications. But now that I have a new civic, the new dash and how deep it goes just makes me happy thinking about how well it may be able to stage.

I'm not sure if anyone else is interested or noticed it, but that dash is SO prime for staging and imaging. The deeper it goes and the further away, it may be able to stage better. Now i know that that isn't always the case, but now im getting giddy thinking about how well something may sound in that car :)

Now only if I had the money :(

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I agree with ya. I think it has the possibility to have a great overall sound. Nothing better than having a sweet range of tones in a car. I'm not big into the bumping bass scene. Just a huge range of clear crisp music.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, I agree, can't wait to get my CDT comps in here.... but what do you do about aftermarket receivers in the lx/ex. They have the ac and the stereo together. I think I might have to post the receiver on the bottom of the dash for awhile because I don't want to tear things apart in my new sedan. I guess If I can get the power wires from the car receiver it wouldn't be that hard...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Man, the stock system in my 05 Odyssey T blows the doors off the sound of the new civic - which seems to seriously lack crisp highs and lows.

Anyone have suggestions on inexpensive tricks or decent upgrades for the civic?

·
Registered
3 Posts
swarthy said:
Yeah, I agree, can't wait to get my CDT comps in here.... but what do you do about aftermarket receivers in the lx/ex. They have the ac and the stereo together. I think I might have to post the receiver on the bottom of the dash for awhile because I don't want to tear things apart in my new sedan. I guess If I can get the power wires from the car receiver it wouldn't be that hard...

I believe if you get the bezel from an DX you can install aftermarket headunits without a problem. The DX models have a different dash trim piece and radio. I could be wrong but I believe it was posted on another board recently....might have been Temple of VTEC.

·
Registered
40 Posts
eric29 said:
If you look at the installation pdf, it looks like the box with the speakers is a crossover that plugs into the factory harness. I wonder if it would route bass to the back and allow the front speakers to just do the midtones.
I installed one last night, and that is exactly what it does.

Check my other post in this group for info on it.

-Steve

·
Registered
40 Posts
eric29 said:
Thanks a lot. I saw your other post last night. Great work on that ipod adaptor.
Sure thing, and thanks. I'll also have photos and a short review of the official Honda iPod connection kit installed once I get one. Suffice to say, I'll be pretty picky about the interface on the nav system. I really, really hope it's good.

-Steve

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looking in my new car(audio wise), i'm kind of stuck in a rut. I really don't want to switch out the dash piece and put in an aftermarket deck. That aftermarket, or dx panel, looks like ****. My dealer told me the head units were made my alpine? Is there any truth to that? All of my speakers obviously need to be swapped out w/ aftermarket to get clear sound of course. But I heard the honda bass kit wasn't worth the $$$. On top of that if I want to keep the deck and add an amp and a single sub, i'm going to have to tap the rear speakers. I'm not a big fan of this because from hearing friends setups that did this, the sound was not too hot and there was nothing they could do to change it. Any ideas you audio nuts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts