8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the longest time i have been contemplating on my options for a full audio system for my civic. i recently had the pioneer avic d3 h/u put in. the sound from it is very good. there are many eq presets and such where i can tune my music to the way i like. i dont think that i want to do a whole new system now, but rather sound deaden my doors and maybe get a small multi-channel amp for my stock speakers. my question is, is there a more perferred sound deadening brand that i should go for? and should i get the spray on, paint on, or the thick metal kind? and how much should i get?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Raamaudio, eDead, and Second Skin. If you want liquid application, Second Skin will be your best buy.

My LX is coated in Second Skin. I bought a 5 gallon of the Spectrum and topped it off with the Over Kill Pro.

Gooooood stuff.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would liquid be better than the other? what all did you cover with your 5 gallons? how much overkill pro did you buy?

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
What all do you plan on deadening?

Just measure that area. Then multiply that value by how many layers you want to do.

I used 50sq ft on my doors, and about 10 on my trunk. I'm going to go back and add more in my trunk later, but for now, it's worked fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts