8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
splitters

Hey Lee, Love the splitters you made for me.....GREAT. You going to OC Md. for 8th Fest? Look me up if you are there.

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
your very welcome, i was planning on going with the wife and kids,but its to darn expensive for rentals and hotel rooms

Lee

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
i was planning on shaping the ends to fit with the mudguards so its clean and flows well

Lee

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
do u like the looks of the prototype?
I LOVE the idea of shaping them to fit with the mudguards. However I'm not a fan of the edge design on the prototypes, how they are essentially an "L". I like a much simpler design, where it would just be a flat piece of material that would subtly stick out from the underside of the side skirt. Again, formed to the mudguard, and fit for a sedan as well.

But, that's my input. I know that lowpro aero makes a similar product for our car. They are made out of a black ABS (which is fine by me), cut to length for either the sedan or coupe. But they don't made a set that is made to work with the mudguards, so I would have to do some custom shaping in order to get them to fit with my set up.

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
thanks for your input, I like it flat better myself and thats how i will design these, and the ends will fit well with the mudguards like a puzzle piece

thanks
Lee

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
thats what im workin on,and im thinking extending from sides about 1 1/2 so it looks like oem and clean

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
thats what im workin on,and im thinking extending from sides about 1 1/2 so it looks like oem and clean
I think 1.5 inches is a good length. Enough to be noticed, while not too much to the point where it is obnoxious or looks ridiculous.

You planning on running any intro specials, maybe a group buy at a discounted price if there are enough people who sign up?

·
Registered
878 Posts
My dream has come true,a skirt that lets me keep my mudguards. I will be getting these. Outstanding job Lee. Next time i have to go down to FT Knox ill have to pay you a visit

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
yes i will take care of u guys,i just need to find my cost and labor cause u know i dont pull anything off a shelf and know 100% about what im selling

thanks for all the support

Lee

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
yes i will take care of u guys,i just need to find my cost and labor cause u know i dont pull anything off a shelf and know 100% about what im selling

thanks for all the support

Lee
OK cool.

And thank YOU for making an awesome product. I'm eagerly awaiting to hear what the final pricing will be for these pieces, as these are going to look awesome!

Thanks Lee!

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
yes the side skirts will be aluminum,and yes alot of my other products are made from hard plastics

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
yes the side skirts will be aluminum,and yes alot of my other products are made from hard plastics
Did you consider making them out of something like an ABS? I'm just curious because I don't know what the price difference would be for making them out of plastic instead of metal.

Is the metal going to be coated somehow (painted, powder-coated, anodized)?

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
raw aluminum,keeps cost down u guys can paint whatever color u like
OK.

For those interested in painting them yourself you should invest in a self-etching primer, your color, and then possibly a clear coat to help protect the color layer. At least that will by my plan of attack.

61 - 80 of 109 Posts