8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the lower texas area and im looking for somewhere to have my motor and tranny built later on. Just checking on here to see maybe if someone can point me to a good shop. Willing to take it to corpus or houston areas as well

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in the lower texas area and im looking for somewhere to have my motor and tranny built later on. Just checking on here to see maybe if someone can point me to a good shop. Willing to take it to corpus or houston areas as well
I just got my 08 Si motor rebuilt at Cosani Engine and Head Rebuilders in Houston. They do excellent machine and engine work, but I don't think they'll build a transmission.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Expect to spend around 3000 for a motor rebuild (stock)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the info man. Yea price was about what i expected just need a location to look into
I would look into Cosani Engine and Head Rebuilders in Houston. I had my 2008 Si rebuilt there recently. They take some time to do their work but they make sure it's quality work. If I were you i'd try to pull the engine yourself and save a ton. Plus the other shop that pulled my civic's engine out and put it back in did a shoddy job but the guys that build the actual engine are great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts