8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 374 Posts

· Premium Member
27,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/forced-induction-nitrous/50685-doug-hondata.html

Okay.. so in february I make a deal with them.. the deal is I pay 2100 total (2000 for the kit and 100 for shipping), then I pay for install which would be 5-600, then I get a free reflash. I was thinking since they wanted me down there so quickly, the kit was already down there. Nope. The kit wasnt even produced yet. So a month later after they finish the kit they send it down there, and I drive down there. It cost me 50$ to get my car down there and 50$ to get it back home. I had included that cost into the kit cost in my head previously to purchasing the kit.

During the week I had arranged with my mom a car sharing scheduel so it wouldnt be too difficult. monday comes up the next week (I was dropping car off tuesday to pick it up tuesday) and then I call the shop and they tell me that the car wasnt ready.. I didnt know what was going on.. I hadnt heard anything from anyone so I was assuming that everything was gravy. The shop had been in contact w/ ajp during that time and visa versa. I was more talking to AJP and having them relay messages from the shop doing the install which idk was the smartest thing looking back.. idk. But yeah.. my car is finally back to stock on the thursday, and I take that day off to go down to pick up my car (lost wadges.. I didnt want to wait till tuesday to do so.. I could have waited but nonetheless I had to wait extra time for my car) so I wasnt too mad.. a little upset that they hadnt checked previously to making the kit that it would indeed fit the MT so I wasnt completely upset.
One thing though that made me mad was that they charged me 1100 the first transaction and 1020 the second time, 20$ over what they agreed upon. I never said anything, and its not the 20$, its the fact that they werent authorized to take that money out of my account...

Anywho.. ben had explained that it would take a while for them to find a car, get the kit developed this and that and I told him that it was cool, that I would be fine waiting a while until they could get it good.
So things progress.. later down the road they tell me that they just need a car.. find a car.. say the guy wont come in.. they finally get a guy to do test fitting on and then they make a kit.. make adjustments.. make adjustments.. then a while ago they tell me that they just "basically" need hondata to be able to scheduel times.. I can get exact dates probably if necessary.. I dont have any emails from them, because like the phones, they NEVER reply. Okay I'm exxagerating.. they reply every 5th email, but they NEVER call you back. I SHOULD have my aim conversations w/ 8th members.. not 100% sure cause I switched over aim a few times but anywho.. they say that.. then like a week later I'm asking whats going on.. just for updates.. and they say oh.. we just need piping for the intercooler... I'm like.. uhh okay.. even though you're just waiting for hondata? I didnt say this but its what I'm thinking.. then a week later they say they need the car in for one final fitment.. and they'll be ready to send the kit.
I had called them around the shop a few weeks before when i thought that they would ship the kit "very soon" so I could make sure that the cash flow was good and that it would indeed cost 5-600$ as I was quoted.. and the guy at the shop told me that it would probably cost more because the kit took much longer than they had expected (granted the kit was for basically the wrong car the first time) and he wanted to make sure I knew that.. and yeah.. i was confirming prices for that and a clutch install just in case.. but anywho.. I call up AJP to say hey.. they said that it might cost more on the install, you know whats going on? and ben had told me that I wouldnt be charged more than I was originally quoted.. so I was like cool.. nothing to worry about. so like 2 weeks later they say they're ready to send the kit and they're gonna send it.. its 6/19 when they sent me a shipping confirmation number.. on the 23rd or so I call the shop give them a heads up that its on the way making sure that dates will fly by them making sure all things were go.. and they confirmed that. 6/25, when the kit was supposed to be delivered according to what I was told over the phone by AJP, the shop confirmed that the kit was indeed not received. I call ajp the next day and ask them whats going on, why isnt the shipment there.. whats going on. They told me that UPS probably lost the package or something.. they said they got it all the time.. The confirmation number on the site said "shipping confirmation received" the confirmation number is "1Z22F00Y4298152821" sent via ups. AJP told me that they were going to have the package traced by UPS to find the package. On the 27th I call ups and ask them what the status of my package was because the site still said the same thing.. so I wanted to see if everything was okay.. and the lady said everything was like that.. so I asked her if anyone else had called in on that confirmation number and she told me that nobody had.. so I was like "okay.. thanks". The next day the tracking number comes up and says package picked up.. so yeah.. it was never picked up until the 28th of june when they sent me a number the 19th and told me that it would take a week.. they sent the package AFTER it would be delivered.

Anywho.. the package was to be delivered by the 5th of July so I talk to the shop.. tell him we finally have a working tracking number.. made sure everything was okay.. and told him that we'll discuss things later on in the week. So the 28th comes, and I call the shop, make sure the kit is in.. I even asked him to check the box and make sure it had the kit in there.. lol.. I was being suspicious this time around.. asked him if there were books in the boxes instead.. lol. So when I drop my car off I tell him.. hey keep me informed this time around.. I wanna know everything that goes down.. so he calls me yesterday.. telling me that the manifold and turbo fit but the downpipe was angled incorrectly and would either have to be reconstructed and/or he would have to make more pipe to extend it to the exhaust.. and he also told me that nothing was created for the egr valve and he'd probably have to make something custom for that to block it off.. and that it would most likely incur another charge on top of the install charges. He also told me that it'd be extra to make something for the downpipe to make it work. I said okay.. I'll give them a call the 11th and see why its not fitting. I call them first thing and I talk to Tony.. which is like getting through to the governor.. he's "never there" or it takes 5 calls to finally get through.. and I ask him whats going on.. and he tells me that he should talk to the guy putting the kit together.. and dodged the question altogether... about 2 hrs later I call the shop which just opened and he told me he'd give him a call and give me the status.. and yeah.. I had told him that I was only going to pay the 600 that I was quoted as max.. so being in the situation he's in for installing a wrong kit last time and wasting all that potential time on another project that he's out and the time he's already invested this time, he doesnt want to get screwed again so hes trying to do the best he can and I really feel for the guy.

Anywho.. he leaves a message then.. and about 4 hours later AJP finally gives him a call.. telling him that "hey.. you dont have the right downpipe.. we'll be receiving it tomorrow (12th) and you should be able to bolt it up then. So AJP didnt tell me, and they didnt tell the shop that we didnt have a working downpipe even though they knew I drove my car down nearly a week ago so that he'd have more time to work on it. Its not the fact that they sent an incomplete kit, or took so long on it, its the way that they went about EVERYTHING. I dont really want a kit on my car by a company thats wasting my time and money for things they should have told me. Also, when he had talked to them he was under the impression that I would have to pay for the complete install (egr modification and all.. and he wanted to give me a heads up).. and I started getting a little angry but I assured it wasnt with him but with AJP. It has costed me 3 days of driving. 160$ to get my car down there, and I still need to buy a ticket to get back down there, and pay for gas to get my car back, and spend another day of commuting, and all I have right now is a kit that doesnt fit right 100%, and a handfull of lies. I would have been fine with them telling me, hey, we need the downpipe in stock, and we dont have the kit complete yet, just wait another week and we'll send the kit out then, instead of giving me a "fake" shipping confirmation number and giving me lost hope, and then sending out a incomplete kit and having me wait for them. I guess they were hoping that the shop would get the downpipe and not tell me about it? AJP has been TOO shady about this to me, and IDK what I want to do about it at this time. ..its TERRIBLE business to keep me out of the loop so much, I cant tolerate being lied to. I dont know what I dont know what you guys would do in this situation.. I do have a few people that will testify for me. I'm a person who expects the best out of people, even if we have bad history.. but at a certain point you stop screwing yourself over.

So in essence, I'm out 1 day of work, 4 days of commuting time, 750$ and a ton of time. So basically AJP wants me to pay for their fitment testing on their r18 kit? That makes NO sense to me... At first AJP said they dont blame anyone for the turbo kit not fitting the first time, and I'm like WTF its your fault! NOW, they're saying that I knew it wasnt going to fit? Even though "all they needed me for was the reflash" as stated by Ben..? What happened to Ben anyways, he has left the company.. maybe he was tired of lying to customers? I can honestly say that I'll never get anything like this from a hole in the wall perf shop, all because of AJP. It was like, once they had my money, I was their least favorite person. I'd leave numerous messages, only to have to call them back because responding to messages just isnt under their job description I guess. They have put down good #'s.. but when you go to hell and back and DONT EVEN HAVE A COMPLETE KIT.. you know why people say Reliability > Power.
Feel free to comment.. and AJP.. feel free to lie in your responses :popcorn:.
AJP FTL!!!

· Registered
329 Posts
Wall 'o Text. My eyes hurt, but I read it all. Edit some paragraphs in man!

Aside from that...damn. Every company has their snafus every once in a while, but we always hope that they handle those snafus well, and come out on top. It sounds like in your case, they did not hadle it well at all.

You've been patient, and they have been neglegent from your point of view. I really hope there has been some type of miscommunication on this, but it sure doesn't sound like it.

Good luck with everything, and I honestly hope you wind up with what you want man.

· Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Bad Customer Service FTMFL!!!!

From AJP and the Shop

you forgot to add in how the shop raped you on your o2 sensor... WEARABLE PART HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sorry....

**WARNING**
The o2 sensor is a wearable part and if you take it in and out too much you will strip it and will need to replace it.

Don't know about you but that looks like a screw to me... the only way it is stripped is by over tightening or cross threading...

· Premium Member
2,115 Posts
iknowmysh1t said:
so your kit still isn't tuned?
What kit??

He returned it to AJP and then AJP proceeded to **** Jeshua in the ******* multiple times over with no lube.

they refuse to pay for their ****-ups!!!

What a GREAT company :face-puke

· Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Like Jeshua said you can't take away from the numbers that their kits produce. But I would much rather have excellent customer service than a kit that comes in incomplete, lies, and possibly big numbers (that is if you ever receive the kit and it actually fits)

· Registered
329 Posts
IMHO - Before company bashing comes into play from people not involved in the situation, we should let AJ Performance come in and give their point of view since they are on the forums. Or course, if they just ignore it, then carry on...

I'm also not sure what they can say since refunds were made for the kit itself. Still, I'd like to hear what they have to say in regards to their communication with JeShUa. I'm sure others who were/are considering a kit from AJ Performace would like to hear this as well.

1 - 20 of 374 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.