8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m so worried , I was driving a little rough last night and I dint notice a pot hole , my car just got into it and a huge plastic case with some hose pipes kinda thing just fell off. And morning when I was driving it i noticed some burning smell coming in the cabin while I was going around 90 km/hr. I will upload the picture of the part later today . But anyone has any idea of what that could be off ?
241387
241388
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Ugh pictures don’t work on this forum for me and it’s really frustrating. Sounds to me like a charcoal canister. But if that fell off it would cause a check engine light fairly quickly if not immediately. It would make the car smell like gas when sitting. And the burning smell could be wires or plastic hitting the exhaust and melting from hanging down. I would get underneath that thing and see what’s going on.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Burn I dint get any check engine lights or anything on my display ... while I drive it in low speeds it all pretty good , even if I floor the peddle it goes great without any issues... the pickup is still intact. Just that I get some burning smell inside the cabin .. maybe after your response I need to check with the camera wiring if it’s touching the exhaust.. but I’m more worried about what that part could actually be .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Yah I would definitely get underneath the car and check for anything looking out of sorts or touching the exhaust.

Sorry I can’t help about the part because the pictures aren’t working. Maybe it’s something to do with Tapatalk but pictures work on all the other forums I’m a part of.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all, update on my car. I got the part replaced , the mechanic said that it was an exit air outlet box..which does some filter job ..... and the burning smell was due to the over heating of my clutch plates itseems... just got it done and my car is back for revving 😀
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Nagarjuna Chundi
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing
Top