8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup everyone..just really excited..i reserved on a new 2006 black si...gettign in december...and get this...i was going to get the 2005 s2000 new...so i really cant make up my mind if i want the new si or s2k...so the sales dude said if i change my mind on the si i can use the money i did a security deposit on and transfer it to the s2k....so i koo..as i was leaving..one of the mechanics was trying to put the s2ks in the garage to lock up for the night....so as he was going up the hill..the back tires was spinning cause it was raining down here...and couldnt really get up the steep hill...so he tried going back down and around the dealer again..looks liek he couldnt cause he came back around and tried going up the hill again..as he was going up he left off a lil too hard and went out of control and ran into the new accord that was parked on the left side....now tell me yall...i was having 2nd opinions about the..u think i shoudl get it or stick with the si??? was it the driver that sucked or was it the car????? sorry to make a long sotry short but just got excited over getting a new car..lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
get what you want... driver sucked...

·
Registered
99 Posts
azncivicsi said:
..as he was going up he left off a lil too hard and went out of control and ran into the new accord that was parked on the left side..
The really sad thing is that the dealer will most likely repair the Accord and sell it as new.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I wouldn't advise on the S2k just because it doesn't have a stabliity control.

I knwo it's the driver but still a RWD can benefit a lot from a stability control.

for the money....I'd get a Used SLK320 or even a SLK32 AMG... Mercedes Status!!!! , more power, sexy retractable hardtop mmm yeah I have a 99 SLK now haha I was thinking about getting a 04 S2k (woulda been $1500 more from me) but I said NAWWW.... i need more room.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All of my friends with S2ks have said they're the worst vehicle any of them have driven in bad weather.

Doesn't make sense to me, no torque, but ALL of my friends say the same thing.

I occassionally drive a 500whp Cobra in rain, never in snow, and I only have problems turning on slick pavement. You should see me trying to navigate a mall parking lot... it might as well be a drift competition, and thats going slow as hell.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had S2000, and I WOULDN'T recommend you to buy it.
why?
1. it has no torque
2. ride is not comfortable at all (i know it's a sport car, but it feels like driving w/ dead suspensions)
3. TOO FUKN NOISY (road, engine and wind all together)
4. Will be stolen sooner or later
5. Factory audio sucks
6. Insurance is hella expensive

Pro :
1. hot exterior
2. fast
3. good handling

·
Registered
267 Posts
I love the way the s2000 looks an all but 34g's for the shitty horsepower output the s2000 has? No thanks. I'd rather add another 6 to that and buy a Shelby Cobra in a year with 475hp, or spend 4g's less than that and pick up a g35. They're not roadsters but that same 34g's could buy you a whole lot more car and a whole lot more power if you really wanted. Just isn't worth it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I love the S2K and I have test driven a 2005. The car is so sexy and I loved the way it drove, I almost bought it on the spot.

Then one of my friends picked up a used '04 and I actually spent some time behind the wheel of it. What killed it for me was the size, I'm 6'2" and fit ok, but there is no way I could have it for a daily driver. Anything longer than 20-30 minutes and I start feeling cramped up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry I had to ring in on this. My responses
1. Torque not a big deal the car pulls in almost any gear allot better then my 2006 Civic. It has real power and I can pull off Sub 5.5 0-60 all day long.
2. The ride is very neutral. For a true sports car it is very easy to drive fast. It is not forgiving but you have to be an excellent driver or you will get hurt or hurt someone with the car.
3. The Funky noise you hear it’s the gears for the valves, wind in your hair, and exhaust noise. Go by a Civic if you do not enjoy open air driving.
4. Stolen Hmmm the civic was the most stolen car in the last year. My s2k is left on the street unlocked in downtown Austin 365 days a year.
5. Who has time to listen to the radio when you drive too many other things going on?
6. My insurance is $1500 a year and I keep higher levels then most. 100/300/100 with a 1 million umbrella over my cars and house.

Pros..
1. A body style that will remain a classic.
2. Faster the Z4, MB SLK except AMG's which are 2x the cost.
3. Better then great handling they Autocross like there is no tomorrow.
4. There is little to no tuning that needs to be done from the factory. I Auto cross with a set of different tires and that is it.

There is no comparison between a S2K and any FWD car. There are in two worlds.

People say the S2k is a weekend only car. I have taken 2 long road trips in it over the last 6 months. One weekend it was a 900 Mile trip one way did almost 2k in the car in 3 days. The other was a 7 day camping trip in the car with all the gear that we needed minus the food that was bought when we got There. I could not ask for a better car. I picked the Civic up so I would have a car that would hold 4 people since my mom could not get in to the S2K because of her knees.

The Biggest thing I have against the S2k and it’s not a big issue when compared to BMW, MB, etc is the Maintenance.

Get ready for Tires every 10-15k miles, I changed the Diff, trans fluids every 10k, Oil every 5K. I have had to send the rear wheel out for repair because the car wash scratched it. No cheap mods for the car. I would by the SI if you are not ready to spend 1k a year in maintenance on the car.

I picked up my 2006 Civic on 10/8. I have not driven the car since 10/24 since the weather has rocked and I needed to live with the top down. ( due to the jacka$$ hit my car and it is still in the shop)

·
Banned
325 Posts
Texan06 said:
Sorry I had to ring in on this. My responses

Pros..
1. A body style that will remain a classic.
2. Faster the Z4, MB SLK except AMG's which are 2x the cost.
3. Better then great handling they Autocross like there is no tomorrow.
4. There is little to no tuning that needs to be done from the factory. I Auto cross with a set of different tires and that is it.
Not trying to be a a-hole.

But your car is not faster than a 3.0 Z4 with a 6 speed, or a 2005 SLK 350.

At least you know its not as fast as the AMG.

S2000
0-60 - 5.9/6.1 -- If you launch the living crap out of it
1/4 - 14.8 @ 99-100

MB SLK-350
0-60 - 5.2
1/4 - 13.8 @ 103

BMW Z4 3.0
0-60 - 5.6
1/4 - 14.2 @ 102

I think all those are right. But the S2000 is not faster than either of those.

Now the older SLK's and Z3's yes it will beat, but not these 2.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hmm...

Check out the last time Road and Track had the 3 cars together.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/download/0503_best_sports_car_data_panel.pdf

S2k
0-60 5.4
1/4 Mile 13.9

SLK 350
0-60 5.5
1/4 13.8

BMW Z4 3.0
0-60 5.5
1/4 Mile 14.5

So it is a Drivers Race... I know 4/5 I will not be losing when it comes to a SLK 350 or Z4 3.0 provided we are all bone stock.

I do not launch the living crap out of my car and I rarely spin the tires to the point I leave rubber and still turn out 5.6 - 5.4. This is a car that takes skill to drive. You have it or you don't. Honda has even gotten smart with the S2k to prevent hard lauches they have placed a delay valve on the cluch to keep you from doing heavy clutch dumps. I have had the Trans not hook up when I tried hard to dump it. They even rated it a head of the SLK and Z4 for a all around sports car, while saying it had the best 6 speed they have driven. Its a sad day when you think the 5sp in the Civic suck because you are so used to the smooth 6sp in the S.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Texan06 said:
Hmm...

This is a car that takes skill to drive. You have it or you don't.
Ok Vin Diesel.

I still think that either of those cars with the same drivers could beat you.

From a Roll OR a Dig.

And no, you do not pull sub 6 second launches in your S2k without revving the **** out of it, especially if you have the F20.

And i would love to see some proof that you can do that. How do you even know, i mean Do you have a Performance monitor? If So why not take a picture of it with this 5.4 you pulled. or a video of the car doing this 5.4 without spinning. I would love to see that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok,

Next time I Autocross I will bring back track time sheets etc. I did not start the name calling. Nor did start the pissing game of proving people wrong. You stated numbers So did I, one differnece I cites a source and you could not. As for mine its a 2005 with the 2.2. If you had a little knowledge of these cars you would know that the delay valve was new to the 2004 with the changed made to the motor and transmission. I will let you be with your little civic ricers, street racing, and will stick to the tracks and adults. This is my 2nd s2000 in 6 Years. After owning both I perfer the AP2 vrs the AP1. Even with the lost of 1000 RPM but like the change in gears on the AP2. I do miss hitting 60 MPR in 2nd gear. Since I now Have to **** at 56-58.

In your honor

Butt Head.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Texan06 said:
Ok,

Next time I Autocross I will bring back track time sheets etc. I did not start the name calling. Nor did start the pissing game of proving people wrong. You stated numbers So did I, one differnece I cites a source and you could not. As for mine its a 2005 with the 2.2. If you had a little knowledge of these cars you would know that the delay valve was new to the 2004 with the changed made to the motor and transmission. I will let you be with your little civic ricers, street racing, and will stick to the tracks and adults. This is my 2nd s2000 in 6 Years. After owning both I perfer the AP2 vrs the AP1. Even with the lost of 1000 RPM but like the change in gears on the AP2. I do miss hitting 60 MPR in 2nd gear. Since I now Have to **** at 56-58.

In your honor

Butt Head.
Ok, i called you Vin Diesel, Since when is that bad name calling.

So heres what i have to tell you now.

YOUR A TOOL, and I am 31 years old, so dont ****ing act like your some big adult bad ass. And you should pay more attention to what you say. Just a little FYI, my "Street racing automatic transmission Civic" is my daily driver.

But if you want to get into an adult racing contest with me, I WOULD BE HAPPY to take a dump on your ***** ass S2000 with my other car.--- http://www.8thgencivic.com/honda-civic-forum/30-what-you-drive-now-pic-post-4.html <--- Top post on that page.

So before you go off spitting **** about how your S2000 is so much faster than everyone elses because your such a bad ass driver. I WOULD LIKE YOU TO PROVE IT. And if you cant, then we all think your full of ****. Also just so you know, generally referring to everyone around here as a ricer truly proves how ignorant and ill-headed you are.

Butt-Head

FYI im in Texas Too, so if you really want to prove yourself, lets go out to an Auto-X meet and i will show you what your S2000 can AND CANT do.

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
I think the older you get, the more mature you get. I also think (and yes, think...which means my opinion...not FACT, so please don't send the ball busting police my way), that had to be one hell of a hill for a car not to get up it. I've driven several different cars, trucks, vans, etc. Front wheel, rear wheel, 4-wheel. If it's raining and a car can't get up a hill without slipping, something's wrong with the tires or the driver. I know certain cars with certain tires aren't built for anything but dry asphalt, but damn...I could understand if it was icy and if the guy was from a dead stop, sure. But you said he even got a running start and still spun out and hit the Accord? Yeah. Bad driver, bad tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
06Ex said:
Ok, i called you Vin Diesel, Since when is that bad name calling.

So heres what i have to tell you now.

YOUR A TOOL, and I am 31 years old, so dont ****ing act like your some big adult bad ass. And you should pay more attention to what you say. Just a little FYI, my "Street racing automatic transmission Civic" is my daily driver.

But if you want to get into an adult racing contest with me, I WOULD BE HAPPY to take a dump on your ***** ass S2000 with my other car.--- http://www.8thgencivic.com/honda-civic-forum/30-what-you-drive-now-pic-post-4.html <--- Top post on that page.

So before you go off spitting **** about how your S2000 is so much faster than everyone elses because your such a bad ass driver. I WOULD LIKE YOU TO PROVE IT. And if you cant, then we all think your full of ****. Also just so you know, generally referring to everyone around here as a ricer truly proves how ignorant and ill-headed you are.

Butt-Head

FYI im in Texas Too, so if you really want to prove yourself, lets go out to an Auto-X meet and i will show you what your S2000 can AND CANT do.
Apparently you need to head to the track more often with your oh so badass M3.

I've seen bone stock S2k's run from 13.7's to 15s.

My Cobra runs mid 10s, and guess what - on the current setup, my first few times at the track I ran worse than a bone stock cobra would run. WITH slicks.

It's not an easy car to drag at all, and, just like my Cobra, unless you run the **** out of it (7300rpm for my cobra) you don't stay in the powerband and it completely kills the time.

Quit being an elite, know-it-all prick - you're 31, you should have grown out of that 10 years ago. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts