8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently got some questions I went to install the FIC 1000cc injectors they are high impedance so I know it wouldn’t fry my ecu and I used the clips that came with the injectors I just took off the wires from the clips and inserted my stock wires inside the clips not sure if I can do that but if anything I could just solder the original wires to the ones I received with FIC to the clips but anyways I installed it installed the tune I got from my tuner cranked the car and it ran pretty bad sounded like a big misfire so I was like ok probbaly the wires I’ll just solder them tomorrow so I went on about and put my original 410cc injectors back in and my original tune before I switched over to 1000cc and then all of a sudden I got a error code on flashpro manager saying my ecu stopped responding after reflash i went on to flashpro and now my ecu is not being read everything else works I tried Negative terminal on battery for 15 min but no luck flashpro power light will stay on and datalog will blink for 5 seconds then turn off car won’t start temp gauge is greyed out it’s like when my car is about to reflash and it’s just stuck and also I can’t hear my fuel pump prime anymore

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, here is a possibility -

As those injectors were higher impedance, less current would flow and the ECM probably didn't like that. They probably need more power than what the stock ECM can provide.
You see, the mechanical as well as electrical on any car is designed to work together. When you just randomly throw in different parts that were not part of the original scheme, it is going to throw off other things. Even if engine mods ARE successful, will the car still pass emissions?

People trying to "tune" their cars are often unaware of how many other mods must be made so things can work properly together. Even if the injectors worked and you were able to get more power, what about the transmission?

Your best bet is to stay stock for now and study up on the proper ways to get more power. That and hope the ECM isn't fried.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured out my issue it was just fuse 19 that blew and no my injectors aren’t high impedance made sure of that before I purchased and I’m not tuning the car myself I have a tuner my ecu was fine it was just in recovery mode cauSe of the fuse that gives power to the Ecu but everything is fine I’m boosted so can’t stay stock lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, here is a possibility -

As those injectors were higher impedance, less current would flow and the ECM probably didn't like that. They probably need more power than what the stock ECM can provide.
You see, the mechanical as well as electrical on any car is designed to work together. When you just randomly throw in different parts that were not part of the original scheme, it is going to throw off other things. Even if engine mods ARE successful, will the car still pass emissions?

People trying to "tune" their cars are often unaware of how many other mods must be made so things can work properly together. Even if the injectors worked and you were able to get more power, what about the transmission?

Your best bet is to stay stock for now and study up on the proper ways to get more power. That and hope the ECM isn't fried.
Where I live in Florida they don’t have inspection emissions none of that stuff just insure the car and go lmfao my tranny holds up just fine k20z3 with 300whp I have new mounts and stuff stock block

1 - 4 of 4 Posts