8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pardon me for not knowing as much as I should about my SI sedan, but I will try to describe the problem well as I can.

Anyways...

It feels as if something is loose (not a lot) or doesn't feel right, under my foot when I have it on the gas. I have had to slam on my breaks 2 times this week, and that is when I feel it the most- as if something shakes or vibrates right below my foot on the exterior of the car. Would this be the strut??

Also, I can sort of feel it under my foot on the dead pedal as well. It's hard to put into words, but something just doesn't feel right. Almost a vibration of some kind right under the the gas/break/dead pedals.

Anyone have any ideas as to what this could be?

I'm just getting sick and tired of issue after issue with this car. I'm not sure how much more I can take.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the TSB for the popping noise or not.

I've had the popping noise already on my SI sedan, but it has stopped as of lately. It has not been fixed yet because Honda has not put out a TSB for the popping in the sedans.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Could it be the anti lock brakes... When you slam on the brakes it should vibrate like hell...its supposed to do that...tgis way tyw brakes dont lock and you dont go sliding

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nbp06Si said:
Could it be the anti lock brakes... When you slam on the brakes it should vibrate like hell...its supposed to do that...tgis way tyw brakes dont lock and you dont go sliding
I'm not sure, but it definately feels as if the vibrating is 'connected' to the break pedal when it happens... so that could be it.

But what about just when I'm driving normally, with foot off break? Something just feels weird, like 'loose' almost. I dunno.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
I think mine has a slight vibration too dont know what it is.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think you guys are feeling the ABS kicking in. During braking over abnormalities on the road or during some hard braking, it tends to kick in. When it does. the damn pedal vibrates like hell and the car does not seem to want to stop. This is normal. I am not a big fan of ABS.

·
Registered
968 Posts
xmadxpenguinx said:
I think you guys are feeling the ABS kicking in. During braking over abnormalities on the road or during some hard braking, it tends to kick in. When it does. the damn pedal vibrates like hell and the car does not seem to want to stop. This is normal. I am not a big fan of ABS.
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
834 Posts
xmadxpenguinx said:
Yeah i think thats it cuz it has happened to me when going real fast and i slammed the breaks but the reaction is slow and yeah it vibrates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts