8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings 8th Gen Civic members;
I'm here to share a story with everyone. I hope I'm writing this in the right spot as I am barely on this forum. I am not to sure how many people have done this but I'm here to share this story about 2006 to 2011 Civic Clear Coat problems that we all have been experiencing.
As you know, Recently everyone who owns a 2006 to 2011 Honda Civic received a recall for clear coat or paint chipping problems or whatever.Well, On my Civic, my roof is Terribly ugly. The clear coat is almost completely off like the vehicle is 20+ years old. I was upset that a new 2008 Honda Civic Si is in this type of condition. It happened over time, Their are a lot of threads on the Clear Coat quality on members civics. Anyways, I received this letter in the mail and decided to call Cooperate Honda in California. I told them about my Issue with my roof and the clear coat coming off. They were very very respectful and told me I should go to a local Honda Dealer where they could inspect my roof and see if it is a problem with Honda's paint. Mind you, I was asked if the car was in an accident, Waxed?, Painted over and etc. My car is SUPER original from the factory. I took it to my local Honda dealer. I discussed my issue and they were very confused and doubtful at first. The Service manager then came out to inspect my vehicle. They took pictures and told me they will send this photos to Honda to see what they think. In little less than a day, I received a call with GOOD NEWS! That Honda noticed this issue and is covering my clear coat problem! They are paying for the whole repair but mind you they are covering up to a certain amount. This is great news because UGH, my car is ugly! Next week I will be heading to a body shop they sent me to get my vehicle inspect, Quoted and painted Only the roof of course. Just sharing my story to help other people who are helpless in this situation. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a ASM(silver) 07 si. 100% untouched/modified. and my roof paint is ******* up too :( i'll see if my honda dealer does anything. this asm one is a clean title, my last fa5 what was nhb got the mail for this recall, but wasnt qualified due to it being a rebuilt title from previous owner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts