8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, so the dealership said they would sell me the 4dr si hfp suspension kit at cost and i was wondering what the cost is for invoice? I want to make sure they aren't duping me or anything when i go tommorow to pick it up. Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't work at a dealership but college hills honda does it for 600 shipped so definitly no more than that. Unless u r having them install it

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
tj_lethal said:
I don't work at a dealership but college hills honda does it for 600 shipped so definitly no more than that. Unless u r having them install it
take the shipping off the 600 and ur pretty close

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
how much would that be around? havent quoted me a price, says that parts dpt was closed so i wont find out until tommorow. the foglights they said were HID and invoice of 300 bucks... i thought that was weird....

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
webby said:
oooook

he just wanted to get a price to verify he wasn't getting the run around.
People in the car business get paid off of profit, even salaried employes like parts guys are subject to bonuses if profits rise. If you worked at 7-11 you would get real tired of people asking you how much you "really" paid for a snickers bar. Just understand that when you negotiate with someone you are lowering their income. Which yes, in the car business can be absurd. The off-topic point I'm poking at is that, if they treated you well and did their job 100% then treat them the same as you would the guy who rings you up at 7-11, with trust

To the OP- $575.00 for HFP suspension would be a very good deal.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
20civic07 said:
hey, so the dealership said they would sell me the 4dr si hfp suspension kit at cost and i was wondering what the cost is for invoice? I want to make sure they aren't duping me or anything when i go tommorow to pick it up. Thanks.
and back at you - read the OP post.

Did he say anything about negotiating at all for that cost? The way I read it - they, (the dealership) would sell him the suspension at cost.

"I want to make sure they aren't duping me or anything when I go tomorrow to pick it up".

-------------

I can tell you from personal experience, a dealership can tell you whatever they want to tell you. He just wanted to make sure the place wasn't ripping him off. If I walked off the street and you told me the msrp cost was 1000 dollars on product X, and I'll sell it to you for "cost".... would you believe me? It might "cost" the dealership 300 dollars, or 999 dollars. He has no way of knowing what price to expect.

I worked at a dealership that paid any salesman to get the phone/email/address of any person that walked on their lot. Salesman would literally be yelled at for not getting info off customers. The "managers" told them, "just tell any customers that they will be put into a $100 gas giveaway each day" (no such thing existed), in return for their address. The dealership used the info to spam mailers and cold call people. They also sold the info to other "partner" dealerships in the area. Dealerships can tell you whatever they want to tell you.

I know all places aren't like this, but don't rag on the guy for just asking what he should expect "cost" to be when he picks it up.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ thanks, yeah i was just looking to see what the actual cost was. I am getting it at cost and I just want to know the true value of at-cost.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
webby said:
I can tell you from personal experience, a dealership can tell you whatever they want to tell you. He just wanted to make sure the place wasn't ripping him off. If I walked off the street and you told me the msrp cost was 1000 dollars on product X, and I'll sell it to you for "cost".... would you believe me? It might "cost" the dealership 300 dollars, or 999 dollars. He has no way of knowing what price to expect.

I worked at a dealership that paid any salesman to get the phone/email/address of any person that walked on their lot. Salesman would literally be yelled at for not getting info off customers. The "managers" told them, "just tell any customers that they will be put into a $100 gas giveaway each day" (no such thing existed), in return for their address. The dealership used the info to spam mailers and cold call people. They also sold the info to other "partner" dealerships in the area. Dealerships can tell you whatever they want to tell you.

I know all places aren't like this, but don't rag on the guy for just asking what he should expect "cost" to be when he picks it up.
Not all dealerships are this way, that is the problem. It is similar (key word) to racial profiling. Not giving something a chance. I absolultey agree that dealerships should get little slack and be given few second chances, but a good dealership will try as hard as possible to maintain a clean reputation and not be sterotypically dishonest and do bad-business

To ther OP again: I work at the dealership, I payed 550, I pay about cost.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
HONDACARE said:
Not all dealerships are this way, that is the problem. It is similar (key word) to racial profiling.
webby said:
I'm aware all dealerships don't suck

·
Registered
583 Posts
to the OP, just buy it on collegehillshonda. it will save you a boat load of cash. my lowsy ass stealership wants $1300 w/install :SHOCKED: . they said they could not give me a price without install. so it's either $600 and do it myself, or $1300 and have honda do it, seems like an easy choice to me, lol.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I paid $541 shipped for my HFP suspension. Shipping was about $60. So I think the cost would be around $475-$485. No dealer will sell something for less than cost on a current item.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Jay Kincannon said:
I paid $541 shipped for my HFP suspension. Shipping was about $60. So I think the cost would be around $475-$485. No dealer will sell something for less than cost on a current item.
you would be suprised

1 - 20 of 24 Posts