8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well long story short...I was at work today and when I left to go home I got on the freeway and noticed this odd popping and cavitation in my front passenger side wheel. So I pulled over at the next exit to check it out and see what was up. Well to my surprise I only had 2 lug nuts holding the front tire on. Now I haven't done any work on the car in a while so ... at 1st I thought they could have just worked themselves loose but I threw that idea out of the window when I went to the other wheels, to borrow some lugs off of the other tires and noticed that those lugs were loose as well. So I walked around the car and ALL of my lugs were loose.

So could they have all worked loose...every single last one of them...sure...but I think the odds are against it. I really hope to catch someone messing with the car. I'll probably end up in jail for it but they would think twice before messing with another one.

I'm just glad the wheel didn't come off while I was driving down the freeway.

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
holy crap! WTF is wrong with ppl these days. Im with you, if I caught someone doing that I would be in jail. Im glad you noticed it prior to a wheel flying off at full speed. I hope this isnt going to become the new "fad" of attempting to kill people

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
That's just messed up.

Someone did that to my friend's car in 11th grade and his wheel wound up falling off when he was leaving the parking lot. Once the wheel fell off, part of the car fell to the road and ground off part of the metal and he had to trash the car because it wasn't worth fixing.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Who are you enemies?

No one....I was on one of the navy bases here in the area. It's a base that I don't normally go to and the only people I even know there on the base are the people i work with and I was with all of them all day out on the ship.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
get wheel locks :thumb:
For all of the lugs...that would be a bit of overkill but if it comes to it, that might be about the only way to keep it from happening again.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
This happened to my buddy on his old beater Mazda 626. Except he was going 60mph on the highway and the front wheel flew off. He hit the ditch but was okay, thank goodness.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
i found all my lugs off before and 2 missing but i had one key lug on each wheel so i guess they ditch'd it i drove around with 2 missing then remembered 2 weeks later that i have extra in my glove compartment lol

·
Registered
230 Posts
happen to me in my rsx... had the same sound and thought it was just the road then at like 75 mph pop and saw the rim roll right pass me as i skidded on the rotor.... sucked damaged the fender axle rotor and some other stuff... guy the towed me said he was surprised i didnt flip the car... glad to hear you caught it

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
I don't know what to say. I keep an eye on my car almost all day long. I have to sleep but my car's still like 15 feet away from my window where I can see my car still as I'm laying down on my bed to sleep.

Thats just really low of someone. Now i'm going to check my lugs from now on.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Military base = Video Cameras right???

Not in the area where I am....and most of the parking areas on the bases here...I haven't noticed too many cameras...and most likely if there was a camera, I highly doubt they would have a recorder hooked up to it. Most of their cameras are watching the fence lines and gates. Once you are inside you can almost get away with anything you want...LOL.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not in the area where I am....and most of the parking areas on the bases here...I haven't noticed too many cameras...and most likely if there was a camera, I highly doubt they would have a recorder hooked up to it. Most of their cameras are watching the fence lines and gates. Once you are inside you can almost get away with anything you want...LOL.
true that i'm on a small base and we only have 2 cameras one watching the entrance gate and then the flight line

1 - 20 of 44 Posts