8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Uhm.. welcome to 8thcivic?

I don't get it. All I caught was the 3800 lb Civic and the "Rally Orange Pearl".

A bunch of people don't know their cars. Go to a dealership. It's funny just listening to the sales people talk about their beloved cars.

:confused:

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
You win.

Add the fact he stated 197hp for 3800lbs was "Not bad".

when that's as bad as a car could get.
Can you spot the countless errors he states? :pat: :banghead:
No. YOU WIN. This thread fails so much it's actually win. That's definitely countless right there. Three. Wooooooooo. :woowoo:

By the way, welcome to the site. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
If you want to argue about it that way, then most, if not all, car manufacturers are wrong then. Most of them measure crank horsepower. Dynos measure wheel horsepower. There is always power lost when transferred from the engine to the actual wheel. Even with that being said, dynos are most likely always different. It has to do with engine temperatures, climate changes, even the same engine model has its slight differences. It's called statistical variation. You know, something you learn about in school.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
you cant really say he got the weight wrong AND his opinion on power weight ratio is wrong. its just one overall error.
and the part about him saying Rally instead of Redline is more likley just a slip, considering its correct in the title and description. so yeah i see 1-2 errors, not "countless"

According to countless dynos on youtube they don't :thumb:
according to countless dynos, the Si either has an incredibly efficient drivetrain, or the actual engine does make more than 197HP. come on 185HP out of 197 ?? 6% loss ?? crazy.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.