8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i need someone to give me an answer. Need to find a car thats better than any Honda or Acura with these specs.

1. Must be N/A
2. Must be 4 cylinder
3. no more than 30k
4. Not a Honda or Acura
5. 200 HP or more
6. Street legal Production car

The reason i ask is cause ppl say Honda and Acuras suck but can't come up with a better car with the Specs of these. So does anybody know of anything better.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
you are aware that #1 is completely meaningless when it comes to Si vs * because the Si is in a price range surrounded by F/I cars some cheaper and far more powerful....

N/A was 1995 and the Si hasn't grown out of being over a decade behind the competition...i believe somewhere someone did a comparison of cars in the past vs the Si and found that the N/A's of the past are and were equal if not on some levels better than the current 06+ models.

The point is no one is making N/A cars better than Honda/Acura because making N/A cars is a death sentence its old technology and no ones going to revert back.

Don't believe me?

Integra - Dead
RSX - Dead
NSX - Dead
s2000 - Dead

They are behind the competition and because Honda/Acura refuse to reform the cars in their "sports" department are getting discontinued.

Stop looking for a reason to boast about Honda/Acura and realize that there are better cars now...fing Hyundai is passing them.

·
Registered
605 Posts
you are aware that #1 is completely meaningless when it comes to Si vs * because the Si is in a price range surrounded by F/I cars some cheaper and far more powerful....

N/A was 1995 and the Si hasn't grown out of being over a decade behind the competition...i believe somewhere someone did a comparison of cars in the past vs the Si and found that the N/A's of the past are and were equal if not on some levels better than the current 06+ models.

The point is no one is making N/A cars better than Honda/Acura because making N/A cars is a death sentence its old technology and no ones going to revert back.

Don't believe me?

Integra - Dead
RSX - Dead
NSX - Dead
s2000 - Dead

They are behind the competition and because Honda/Acura refuse to reform the cars in their "sports" department are getting discontinued.

Stop looking for a reason to boast about Honda/Acura and realize that there are better cars now...fing Hyundai is passing them.
I agree, and Honda still hasn't mastered torque, which makes for a much better driving experience. And don't get me on rev-hang.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Don't believe me?

Integra - Dead
RSX - Dead
NSX - Dead
s2000 - Dead

this is why Honda is better cause they can still make cars N/A and hang with the F/I cars. and ok the SER fits the specs but don't think its better than the RSX or the SI

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
this is why Honda is better cause they can still make cars N/A and hang with the F/I cars. and ok the SER fits the specs but don't think its better than the RSX or the SI
you are delusional my man...Si has come in last in almost ever comparison test since 06 besides beating out the mini cooper each time because of the coopers poor quality for $.

You really need to do research. The only reason people by the Si over anything is it is fun to drive if the car didn't ride on corners like it was on a rail system no one and i mean no one would buy it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
you are delusional my man...Si has come in last in almost ever comparison test since 06 besides beating out the mini cooper each time because of the coopers poor quality for $.

You really need to do research. The only reason people by the Si over anything is it is fun to drive if the car didn't ride on corners like it was on a rail system no one and i mean no one would buy it.
Here's an article comparing both cars.
Civic Wins.

Honda Civic Si Sedan vs Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Head to Head - Motor Trend

·
Registered
605 Posts
Honda is better than who?

Just because you make an engine with 200hp from a four banger doesn't mean you are the best. I'm sure other manufactures could do the same but they see the beneficial factor of forced induction or other methods. Yes they are very efficient motors, but I wouldn't say they are the best.

Their biggest downfall is that they have relatively low torque, and you need torque to get you to your top hp faster.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

i've done my research and the Si's competition doesn't even fit this subject not one of them maybe the mini. and yeah we came pretty low but come on each car that has beatin us has nearly 260+ HP so its not even fair. the si shouldn't even be classed with those cars but then if they weren't the Si would be dominate. but i'm still waiting for a answer on is there a better N/A car thats not Acura or Honda with those spec. and if a remember correctly the RSX-S won back in 05.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
i've done my research and the Si's competition doesn't even fit this subject not one of them maybe the mini. and yeah we came pretty low but come on each car that has beatin us has nearly 260+ HP so its not even fair. the si shouldn't even be classed with those cars but then if they weren't the Si would be dominate. but i'm still waiting for a answer on is there a better N/A car thats not Acura or Honda with those spec. and if a remember correctly the RSX-S won back in 05.

Dude i don't normally insult people but you must be slow...cars WILL NEVER BE classed by HP. They are classed in PRICE RANGES thus i said that #1 is pointless.

4cyl only also doesnt matter because again no car will ever be classed by HP/Engine type.

You want the Si to be compared to a 4cyl NA then tell Honda/Acura you want the price on the Si to be 17000 MSRP where it rightfully belongs right next to the Scion just like every honda salesman likes to boast that the Si is better than a car out of its price class.

You are just as blind as the honda sales people who rant hoping their going to fool some poor moron into believing the Si is better than a Scion as a purchasing plus.

The sad reality is 99% of the time if you watch the tapes or youtubes the Scion wins in the straights. Doesnt speak well for an Si whose 7000 more expensive does it.

I dont dislike honda because i believe they build nice cars. But in reality if you are knowingly buying an Si today...you must have a mental issue or your too lazy to cross the street and drive the competition.

·
Registered
11,148 Posts
Ok i need someone to give me an answer. Need to find a car thats better than any Honda or Acura with these specs.

1. Must be N/A
2. Must be 4 cylinder
3. no more than 30k
4. Not a Honda or Acura
5. 200 HP or more
6. Street legal Production car

The reason i ask is cause ppl say Honda and Acuras suck but can't come up with a better car with the Specs of these. So does anybody know of anything better.
stop fighting the inevitable and give in, you know you want to :D

mmm now that's smokin!!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
The SE-R V is nice spec-wise...but it's ugly and the interior sucks...esp with the gimmicky g-meter.

If compared with cars in the same price range...the Si gets owned.
If compared with cars in the same power range....the Si owns.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.