8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Somebody hit my door with their door and I think i know who did it. How do i approach this person? I see this person often but i never talked to her before. I noticed the dent yesterday (10/26) after my walkaround. It's about the size of a nickel.

Do i just go up to her and ask "Did you hit my door with your door last friday?"
If she says yes, what do i say? What if she says no?



btw.. I tried the HEATING, and COOLING method using hair dryer and canned air via youtube. Doesnt work.
I also tried pushing it from the inside of the door, but i have sound deadening and its too hard to locate where the dent is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MRK20 said:
who is she to you?
a stranger.

We park in the same parking lot... at an appartment complex thing. She works for the post office. She delivers mail to the appartment residents. She uses her personal vehicle (a ford truck) to drive around and deliver it. I park there so i can go to school which is across the street from the parking lot. And last friday she parked next to me and when i came back, i found the dent.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,370 Posts
come at her correct, nice yet kinda stern and ask her. If you act scared, chances are she might deny it. If you say, 'I think you may have dented my car' she might admit t it...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
98,627 Posts
Let her what she did. Maybe she didn't notice what she did. And have her pay for to get fix or at least give you half the money to get it fixed. If she says no let her know that she's the only who could of done it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cypress said:
let them kno wassup. thats ur car if they hit it, make them pay for it.
The thing is that i dont know if she really did do it. Theres no video footage or anything. But I just think it's her because of how much i walk around my car and it only makes sense that it could be her. I mean it could have been there a couple days before, but i doubt it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,330 Posts
well its good that u walk around ur car. i do it every single day and after every trip just to make sure there isnt anything there that wasnt there before hand. usually its to wipe off bugs and such, but also to check for other things.

if u got a strong feeling it might be her then it doesnt hurt to ask, but bring it up in a good manner so she doesnt get offended and everything blows up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
317 Posts
asndragonboii said:
The thing is that i dont know if she really did do it. Theres no video footage or anything.

Look man ,there is no way you can prove she did it you know it and she knows it too so the chances are she will say noway she did it , then what will you do,the only thing you achieve by confronting her is to create an atmosphere every time you guys see each other ,and nothing else.
I know you are pissed off ,who wouldn't be but your best bet is to either ignore it or have it fixed and pay for it yourself.
if you had seen her during the act ,then that's another story.
 

·
ms3 fail.
Joined
·
8,339 Posts
i've gotten a dent in my door before from someone in a parking lot. went to my insurance company and claimed it as vandalism and they gave me a check :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
If you approach her and she 'blows up' and denies it, I bet you'll find an even bigger dent next time she parks next to you...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Zizzer said:
If you approach her and she 'blows up' and denies it, I bet you'll find an even bigger dent next time she parks next to you...
i know who she works for :wavey:
Theres gonna be some problems if she tries that. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
vtak07 said:
i've gotten a dent in my door before from someone in a parking lot. went to my insurance company and claimed it as vandalism and they gave me a check :D
You didnt have to pay a deductible?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
I try to park as far away from everyone if possible, but it seems like someone always parks by me.

---->If she did it she should pay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
distrbd said:
Look man ,there is no way you can prove she did it you know it and she knows it too so the chances are she will say noway she did it , then what will you do,the only thing you achieve by confronting her is to create an atmosphere every time you guys see each other ,and nothing else.
I know you are pissed off ,who wouldn't be but your best bet is to either ignore it or have it fixed and pay for it yourself.
if you had seen her during the act ,then that's another story.

I agree with this dood :D, exactly what i was going to say... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
I usually take up 2 parking spaces when i park unless theres only 1 side parking next to me, check out hte avatar pic and you'lll see what i mean ^^
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
asndragonboii said:
The thing is that i dont know if she really did do it. Theres no video footage or anything. But I just think it's her because of how much i walk around my car and it only makes sense that it could be her. I mean it could have been there a couple days before, but i doubt it.
You have a sense she Might of done it...She should tell you to F*9CK yourself you punk! Dumbass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
asndragonboii said:
i know who she works for :wavey:
Theres gonna be some problems if she tries that. lol

Again no proof...If I was her and you approached me with that nonsense..I'd slash your tires...just quit while your behind.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top