8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As Nissan cancels its Silvia replacement, and the Toyobaru saga stumbles along, Hyundai actually has a hot product on the pavement ready to scoop up import tuners jonesing for a rear-drive plaything. The Genesis Coupe is just arriving in U.S. dealerships, but in Korea, the car's been on the streets a while already. As such, drivers there have been hard at work modding and personalizing their rides, giving us an idea of what to expect when they start hitting the streets in earnest on this side of the Pacific. Our good friend (and O.G. Jalop) Mike Spinelli pretty much nails it when he says, "Oh Civic with stove-pipe exhaust, the bell tolls for thee."

MUCH MORE PICTURES HERE, HERE, NOT HERE

·
Registered
3,632 Posts

The perspective of these wheels are at the wrong angle. That and the front tires have an obvious overlap at the bottom.

Do you mean photoshopped? If so, which ones?
If you're pretty good at photoshop, they're pretty easy to spot. Here is a bad one. Tell me the rear wheels aren't oval not to mention the image is saved as "chop379.jpg". lol

·
Registered
179 Posts
who cares, this im sure is to give us a nice picture of how these cars would look with some minor mods. Chop or not im sure they'll look almost identically the same if the rims and etc. were real...to me i see this car as a 240 replacement (ofcourse coming from anotha company though...)

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
those things look frickin sweet with the right mods! I've only seen one of em before in the states. It was at a car show, and it was a very ugly yellow one with chrome trim... yikes! But the ones in the pics look great, I'd rock one for sure.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i can't look at these cars anymore , the more i see this car , and the 2010 mazda speed 3 , i get depressed , knowing that Honda is not about the sport compact market anymore

no more dreams of the type-r comming, and we get the HPF civic garbage . . i just . . i'm depressed . . and will jump **** to a crappy american car soon . .

sux the days of honda having something to do with the sport compact market are really comming to an end, which is cool i guess as they are focussing on other things

just sux i guess , but i refuse to buy a hun-day , even if it blow the doors of my civic

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know a lot of people dont like this and it's going to get the "it's still a Hyundai" comment from most people, but this car going into production here is a very good thing. People are going to buy this car, and having a rwd turbo car for this price will hopefully force other car makers like Nissan to actually make the siliva and Toyota/Subaru to release that car they were talking about. If the Genesis sells well, this car could reignite the affordable "tuner" market and who knows, maybe even Honda will get in on the action and throw a k23 in a sport compact and blow all the others away.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.