mods for now
-red H's (front and back)
-hfp front lip
-tints 20%
-oem foglights
-si spoiler taken off and holes welded
-debadgeeeeeeeeeee
-skunk2 shift knob
-fd2 shiftboot? (i think theyre in the 08 si's now)
-pnp 6k hids
-vibrant cat back
-p2r spacer + gaskets

mods i want/plan
-vibrant race header with high flow cat
-x intake
-some sort of a drop
-reflash
-retros
-rsx-s rims lol

i need a dropp x___x
and a new wax job

the car resembles ill fg2's old si, and i am aware of that lol
no intention of biting or w.e
before i got my si, i originally liked the coupes without the spoiler
the front lip, i have to say i got from him tho lol

ehh, enjoy? lol

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there will be hardly any time where i will drive up to those speeds on the streets
IF i ever do, probably on a very open and clear area where no one is around lol
and it seems to me most spoilers are for show lol

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
The rr spoiler on the Si does in fact aid in performance, with only having a negligable affect on gas mileage. It is not there primarily for looks, although that is part of the equation for the Si. Honda will not put on a part that is factory installed without it having a benefit to the vehicle. We always confirm our aero designs and performance in a wind tunnel in controlled conditions. The majority of the benefit from the air spoiler is seen at higher speeds, where the effect of velocity gets closer to the effects of mass. For those of you who said it has no effect on a fwd vehicle, you are wrong. At higher speeds the benefit of a spoiler is seen in the overall handling and balance of the vehicle, not dependent upon drivetrain layout. So yes, the spoiler has a small benefit to the overall balance and handling of the vehicle, with a small gas mileage price.
Straight from an engineer at Honda. :wavey:

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
the wing keeps the back end down, and the car more stable, i knew that, but at what speeds are we talking about? i thought it would be 120+ mph not over 100, these little cars will go over 100 easy before you even notice it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.