8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy and i are looking into getting nos for our si's both are stock as of now. i did alittle research on it and i all i find is both negitive and positive feed back on it. Its seems way too inconsistant. I know a few guys on this fourm have a n20 setup on their si's but would it be ok to do to a stock motor? I'm a total noob when it comes to n20 i have no prior experence with it. I want to get a "dry" kit from zex the EFI setup but i don't know how safe it will be? basicly i want to have n20 in my car but want to have the safest setup as possible. Do you guys have any suggestions?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Get a wet kit, Everyone is going to tell you that going dry is no good because there is no way to dump extra fuel without a Engine Management system. I have everything but I still havent installed, I am waiting on a remote bottle opener and a progressive controller.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
You want to go safe go for a 55 shot, and then once you know how to use it you can go higher.. but a 55 shot should be a good amount of power.. for beginners.

·
Banned
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought that dry was better because its not "direct port". So it would do less damage to your motor. I'm just a beginner with n20 so i want a setup that will be the easest and safest to run. The zex kit seem the best to me because it had the EFI and it would make sure it would not run to lean or to much fuel.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
wet kit...a must, like already said but go for it, its fun thats for sure:vtec:

·
Banned
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So a wet kit is going to be better and a 55 shot should be good enough for me, what compleate package/kit should i buy?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
i have a zex kit...and its done me well..no problems or anything, the only think that i would say you have get get besides the kit is a bottle heater...the one i got from zex a nice b/c when its on itll turn itself on and off so it doesnt overheat or lose pressure

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
fhound258 said:
but this kit does not say if its dry or wet. or how many shots.
It is a wet kit. and its not how many shots... its how large, shot refers to the horsepower added. so it has jets for 35,50,75.

People really seem to like Zex on here, I dont really like them, I recommend getting a Nitrous Express, or Nitrous Oxide Systems kit.

I would recommend the GenX-2 accories too
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/genX.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts