8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
Should be moved to the introduction and pictures forum.

Nothing wrong with owning a Solstice, but the inside and out forum is about Civic parts dealing with interior and exterior style modifications only.

Not digging the "time attack" style red lip you did or the spray painted tail lights, but I definitely have respect for solstice owners. Spray painting your stock arms bright red looks very tacky IMO. If anything you may want to consider billet arms that are anodized or powder coated if they make any for the Solstice. Spray paint typically makes cars look cheap. :( There are exceptions of course, but this is not one of them.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Move it where you wish...IDC.... like I said some may not like it.. I do.. thats all that matters.. All negative responses here.. but all positive on the solstice forums which afe full of much older mature folks.. Lots more then there are here thats for sure...

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Move it where you wish...IDC.... like I said some may not like it.. I do.. thats all that matters.. All negative responses here.. but all positive on the solstice forums which afe full of much older mature folks.. Lots more then there are here thats for sure...
either way you look at it you need to expect positive and negative comments any time you post. And even more so that you posted a pointac in the civic technical subforum.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know.. I had a civic before the solstice.. I used to like the 8th... but now its so one sided... I dont mind negative at all.. as long as they are Mature negative comments with advice or something.. but cmon.. see any mature comments here... ?? It doesnt even matter what anyone thinks.. I like it..

This is getting off track.. problem solved though, i just wont be posting anything on 8th anymore...

Did I type solstice forums instead of 8thcivic?
spray painting suspension arms FTW
ummmmmmm???

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i only see one picture. and its a pontiac with its stock wheels painted... as 50% of the civics are here. i personally think that oem wheels should remain oem, but thats me.

yea at times people can be very blunt about their opinions, but thats any forum you go to.

i dont see why painting his suspension arms is omfg bad. its the same thing as painting your brake calipers. would i do it? no. but that's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
439 Posts
i only see one picture. and its a pontiac with its stock wheels painted... as 50% of the civics are here. i personally think that oem wheels should remain oem, but thats me.

yea at times people can be very blunt about their opinions, but thats any forum you go to.

i dont see why painting his suspension arms is omfg bad. its the same thing as painting your brake calipers. would i do it? no. but that's my 2 cents.
I think OP removed pics from the first post so we're missing something heh.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Thats because I removed everything else due to the above stated..

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
I know.. I had a civic before the solstice.. I used to like the 8th... but now its so one sided... I dont mind negative at all.. as long as they are Mature negative comments with advice or something.. but cmon.. see any mature comments here... ?? It doesnt even matter what anyone thinks.. I like it..

This is getting off track.. problem solved though, i just wont be posting anything on 8th anymore...
On one hand, I don't blame you Edis. On the other hand, you can let some of their pointless comments slide.

To the members who posted their useless comments, I am confused what purpose it served. I know there are many members here who don't have an 8th gen Civic, and would like to share their rides with everyone also, but probably know this is the type of response they'll get also. :pat:

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I want to share my concern to all of you, who in your infinite wisdom, decided to harangue and disparage a fellow member who wanted to share his passion for his car, in this case, a Solstice. Nice. What's next for an encore? All you have done is drive away a person who wants to be a part of our community.

I for one love the Solstice. I could see myself with a Solstice Coupe with the upcoming 300 hp Ectotec Turbo engine. Edis, please reconsider your stay on the forum. You are welcome to post without being ripped for having a car other than an 8th Gen Civic. You will have the support of the staff, myself and Geezer included, to deal with hostility.

·
I Beez In The Trap
24,576 Posts
agreed Ken & Bill. we all come from different places with different tastes and not everyone likes what we like, however we share 1 thing in common- love of the automoible.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.