8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok people, so here's my problem: A while back I left my car with the map light on for like 6-7 hours while I was at work and obviously my battery drained. So my friend (Evo 8) tried to help me jump-start it but wouldn't start. So my mom brought her truck (Nissan Pathfinder) to help me and started up right away. Ok since then, everytime I'm at cruising speeds and i drive around for like 15-20 mins with my stereo kinda loud, the battery drains. Now it doesn't happen if I jump on the freeway or anything but yeah, it happens constantly. So i went to Autozone to get my battery checked and it was good. The guy said it could probably be a short circuit but wasn't sure. Can it be my alternator that's shot? Because the battery doesn't always drain, but it does. Please auto-electric people, help me!!!

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
it could be your alternator. I'm sure if you were to take it to autozone or somewhere they can check your alternator output and then you will know for sure.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it could be your alternator. I'm sure if you were to take it to autozone or somewhere they can check your alternator output and then you will know for sure.
Thing is I don't want to go through the hassle of taking the alternator out myself.

(p.S. I forgot to mention I have an aftermarket stereo...)

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
^ well just go get it tested 1st...then at least you will know

aftermarket radio won't matter...unless you have some sort of monster system that the alternator can't keep up with the battery drain. if that is the case then you may need to install a secondary battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts