8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Not only is the current gen Civic Si sedan a wicked car (I own one!) but the JDM version, the TYPE R sedan is incredible! The interior is fantastic! and some of the little extra touches...astounding!

My questions are:

1. is there a way to put the "REV lights", that are where the US model coolant temp gauge is in place and working?

2. The push button start...I had one on my Odyssey from an S2000, just wondered the logistics of mounting one in our Si?

3. Those seats, carpet and door inserts! can they be imported? Although the right hand drive will throw the red carpet off a bit :)

Thanks for any help on this! what a great car the TYPE R in Japan is, and how lucky are they!?

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
I found a website that has all the type R parts for sale and they'll import them and all. Seats, front end conversions, interior/exterior parts. I bookmarked he site on my laptop but im not on mine now. When I get on mine ill post you the website. After seeing it I wished I had the sedan lol. I love the Type R interior! I vote full type R inerior.

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
07Rredsi said:
I found a website that has all the type R parts for sale and they'll import them and all. Seats, front end conversions, interior/exterior parts. I bookmarked he site on my laptop but im not on mine now. When I get on mine ill post you the website. After seeing it I wished I had the sedan lol. I love the Type R interior! I vote full type R inerior.
Sponsor on this site. To the OP, the sponsors section has the home page to the below link, along with other sites :thumb: .
http://www.gtmotoring.com/civic-fgfd-jdm.htm

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW! That's the mother load!! :) Too bad it's so damn much! however, a few things I'd buy...door sils, side skirts, some of the engine parts...however, for about 19 HP, it's not worth it?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
You can add the push button start to your car. There is a DIY on here for the hook up.

Making the temp gauge the shift light is just a matter of figuring out which wires are the shift light and the temp gauge. Take the two + wires and switch them. I think that would cause the shift light to always be on and the entire temp gauge bar would flash upon redline. If there was a way to make the temp gauge to light up one bar at a time as you approach redline that would be cool, but complicated as hell.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
^what?! the temp gauge works off of a resisted ground signal. how in the world do you expect it to take a pulsing rpm signal and turn it into a readout? LOL

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, but like most all Honda's, everything works when plugged in....no? LIke my old Civic...added a tach and it worked. we'll have to do some work on this one...

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
onefastsi said:
Yeah, but like most all Honda's, everything works when plugged in....no? LIke my old Civic...added a tach and it worked. we'll have to do some work on this one...
if you are talking about pluggin a 92-95 ex or si cluster into a 92-95 dx, yes, because that was a rpm signal plug going to a rpm gauge! there is no way to make a temp gauge work off rpm signal, sorry.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Take the wires and croos them. The ECU doesnt know its sending the signal to the wrong thing, so it will light up any light you put it to. Your headlights could flash if you want them to. Personaly anything like that is retarded though, i like my warrenty too much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts