8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Nope, I haven't found anything yet. I replaced fuse 14 with 3 other 7.5a fuses but still the same problem. My max ac, ac, re-circulation, and defrost/feet buttons aren't illuminated. Everything else is on. It's really annoying lol.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Okay, I tapped my dash a couple times around the heater control area and those lights came back on! Now my sel +-, vsa, hazard lights don't work.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i dont know if this is the same problem. But when i installed my fogs my whole climate control does not work the lights turn on every fuse is fine it just wont turn on. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
OP and others with only a few out...since other dimmable bulbs are working then the fuses will be fine, It is simply a case of bad neo-wedge bulb assemblies. Plastic base and glass bulb.

I did notice recently the HVAC unit is 7 total bulbs, (5 + 2) was thinking it required more.

Last poster, do you have other dimmable bulbs that are working ?? Hazard ? Sel/Reset buttons ?

·
ThpoonThports
26,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
OP and others with only a few out...since other dimmable bulbs are working then the fuses will be fine, It is simply a case of bad neo-wedge bulb assemblies. Plastic base and glass bulb.

I did notice recently the HVAC unit is 7 total bulbs, (5 + 2) was thinking it required more.

Last poster, do you have other dimmable bulbs that are working ?? Hazard ? Sel/Reset buttons ?
i have bulbs just in case.. i bought some when i saw you posted on someone else's thread..

but my fog light switch isnt an OEM switch and the lights dont work on it either.. and it stopped working the same time everything else did. i am gonna test the fuses.. they look like they are fine but there might be a hairline crack in it or something.. its just weird that they all stopped working at the same time.. when i installed my HU..

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Pretty sure it is bulbs, they run hot and are prone to fail over time. If you rattle them around removing pod it will knock the filaments loose.

Your fog switch illumination is hard to say. May be a soldered in bulb.

If you had an open fuse it would effect all the bulbs (and others)

·
ThpoonThports
26,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
soo.. it turns out they were the neo wedge bulbs.. all of them in exception to my foglight switch since that isnt OEM.. foglight switch was slightly pulled.. i pushed it back in and it works.. so all my interior dash lights are working

·
Thoon.
25,887 Posts
soo.. it turns out they were the neo wedge bulbs.. all of them in exception to my foglight switch since that isnt OEM.. foglight switch was slightly pulled.. i pushed it back in and it works.. so all my interior dash lights are working
:highfive:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have the same issue.. All the lights for the dimmer and VSA on that side are all out and the rear defrost and the recirc are out... Just too lazy to figure out why they dont work

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
you can test the fuse or the connectors / harness where they plug in at .... you will have to remove the dash a few of mine went out past month just replaced the bulbs and good to go.Sometimes the bulbs get shorted out or lose connectivity.Use a multimeter and test to see if there is live feed to the connectors if so then its the bulbs.

·
Registered
227 Posts
you can test the fuse or the connectors / harness where they plug in at .... you will have to remove the dash a few of mine went out past month just replaced the bulbs and good to go.Sometimes the bulbs get shorted out or lose connectivity.Use a multimeter and test to see if there is live feed to the connectors if so then its the bulbs.
Ain't nobody got time fer dat hahaha

21 - 40 of 44 Posts