8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
ThpoonThports
26,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. so my issue right now is that SOME of my dash lights are not working. the buttons work, they just do not light up at night. Mainly the hazard button, the VSA button, my fog light switch, and my "reset, MPH/KPH" buttons.

I have checked and replaced both fuse 14 and 15. What leads me to believe that i dont need new bulbs is that they all stopped working at the same time. any ideas?

No Hazard light

only adjustment buttons are lit.

Any suggestions would be great!

·
Does this do anything?
2,716 Posts
Trying the bulbs first is a lot cheaper and easier than replacing the dimmer module. And often, they don't all burn out at the same time, you just don't notice that they're burning out until one of the more obvious and useful lights burns out, and then you notice all the other little ones that don't work. It's just like when people say "Both of my headlights just burnt out and now I can't see!", but really it's more like, "No, one of your headlights burnt out last week, but you didn't notice it since one headlight will still sufficiently light the road (redundancy is a double-edged sword), and now that the other one went out, it just became apparent to you".

·
ThpoonThports
26,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trying the bulbs first is a lot cheaper and easier than replacing the dimmer module. And often, they don't all burn out at the same time, you just don't notice that they're burning out until one of the more obvious and useful lights burns out, and then you notice all the other little ones that don't work. It's just like when people say "Both of my headlights just burnt out and now I can't see!", but really it's more like, "No, one of your headlights burnt out last week, but you didn't notice it since one headlight will still sufficiently light the road (redundancy is a double-edged sword), and now that the other one went out, it just became apparent to you".
ill check the bulbs.. but legit.. they all burnt out the same time.. i think it might have happened when i installed my headunit.. just not sure how it knocked it out..

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,922 Posts
Did you check all the fuses with a continuity checker? I had a very similar issue if you check my previous threads. It ended up being a fuse that had a hairline crack, you couldn't tell it was physically blown by looking at it, but it didn't have continuity. Id try that first then, maybe try to pull out one of the buttons that are easy to get to and check voltage. If your getting voltage at the light then the lights just all burnt out. Its super unlikely that many leds would blow at once unless a wire go crossed though.

·
ThpoonThports
26,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you check all the fuses with a continuity checker? I had a very similar issue if you check my previous threads. It ended up being a fuse that had a hairline crack, you couldn't tell it was physically blown by looking at it, but it didn't have continuity. Id try that first then, maybe try to pull out one of the buttons that are easy to get to and check voltage. If your getting voltage at the light then the lights just all burnt out. Its super unlikely that many leds would blow at once unless a wire go crossed though.
one of these jones??

·
ThpoonThports
26,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A fuse checker should also work, but i was referring to something like this set to Continuity mode (typically the little speaker) image
Lou, Pops has one of these if you want to use it.
i think i might have a multimeter somewhere..

i'll give it a whirl this weekend.. i can press it on top of the fuse right?? its partially exposed?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts