8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Some assistance with stereo wiring.

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  FD5 
#1 ·
I’ve got a 2010 CSX. So I’ve purchased an aftermarket head unit (JVC KWV940BW) along with a harness to retain the factory AMP. Now I’m not getting any audio, I’m guessing because the amp isn’t getting any power. All the digging I’ve done points to the audio connector, Pin 20 light blue… but all the documentation is for the 8th gen civic and my connector does not match the wiring diagrams for the 2010 Civic SI. I’m at my wit’s end. Anyone have any experience with these? I’ll attach what my OE harness looks like. I’ve tried some of the blue wires already. At this point I’m just taking shots in the dark.

See less See more
#5 ·
I think starting from the 2010 model the Audio sys with Nav pinout has changed. They no longer have the individual port for back-up camera, like they used to in the 2006-08 model.

Here you go, hope this helps you with your upgrade 😀

2009-11 Audio Sys with Nav
View attachment 244825 View attachment 244830 View attachment 244826 View attachment 244827 View attachment 244828 View attachment 244829 View attachment 244830
Thank you! I’ll have a look at this when I have a few days off. I had a look in the back and I don’t have a subwoofer. My CSX doesn’t have a backup camera either—why would there be pins for those in the iTech? So I do have an amp then. I see that the tweeters and front speakers run off of the same pins, how is the HU able to differentiate between the two? Are the speakers two way or three way?

this is more complicated than I thought

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.