8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
~racnjsn04~ said:
Are those Si parts the same as what I would need to get for my EX? Like the hood, cold air intake, and will the same exhaust header and so on be the same for both the Si & EX ?
Body parts like hood and trunk ect. will be the same. Intake, header, exhaust and such will be different because of the different powertrains from the Si to Ex.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DeezV604 said:
PRICEY PRICEY...
^ I thought the same thing too. I was on a different forum and the owner of that sight posted and said that those prices are estimates. He said once the manufacturers ship the products the actual price should be much lower.
 

·
Acorns!
Joined
·
17,760 Posts
~racnjsn04~ said:
so even the cold air intake would be diffrent part for the Si an EX?
yes - it's a different engine. SI - has the k20 engine in it. The piping for the intake will not be the same.

as far as pricing goes - the other store owner is right. I could post all of those things in the store as well, but there isn't a point. The items will change in price when they are actually shipped. No one actually has their hands on these parts yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
594 Posts
Damn.... i did not think a carbon fiber hood can go for that much


man i know its a estimated price but i was thinking like 50% of that price is fair for such a tiny hood =P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Kabs said:
Damn.... i did not think a carbon fiber hood can go for that much


man i know its a estimated price but i was thinking like 50% of that price is fair for such a tiny hood =P
You can definately find cf hoods for half that price.. but not from Seibon. IMO, Seibon makes the best quality cf stuff out there. You'll get what you pay for. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
i think eibach has released their pro-kit out for the lx/ex models.. They have a part number listed for it. Just can't find anyone selling them yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Now I'm not 100% sure.......But you could problly take the AEM V2 from an 05+ RSX and use that. Since then engines are technicly the same, they should transfer over (Like B16A - B18C5 parts). The only thing that I could see being different is where it mounts to the Body of the car. But if my Idea is correct, then there's more out for the SI then we think. Like Headers, Cams and Valvetrain, Rods/Pistons, Clutchs/flywheels, Hell there's even a Stroker Kit if you really wanna get freaky. But Turbos and Blowers look they're gonna take awhile cause of that Damn Drive-by-wire set up. Hope that helped some.

Happy SI'ing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Hondaid said:
Now I'm not 100% sure.......But you could problly take the AEM V2 from an 05+ RSX and use that. Since then engines are technicly the same, they should transfer over (Like B16A - B18C5 parts). The only thing that I could see being different is where it mounts to the Body of the car. But if my Idea is correct, then there's more out for the SI then we think. Like Headers, Cams and Valvetrain, Rods/Pistons, Clutchs/flywheels, Hell there's even a Stroker Kit if you really wanna get freaky. But Turbos and Blowers look they're gonna take awhile cause of that Damn Drive-by-wire set up. Hope that helped some.

Happy SI'ing

True, there isn't much difference between the K20a# and the K20z3 motors, but i'd prefer to the parts specifically designed for the k20z3. just personal preferance. Didn't tein have a turbo set up on their SI at sema?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
yes, and so did Greddy and i think the NITTO si had a Turbonetics system. i think they will be in mass production by the mid/end of the month. maybe close to Christmas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
There is one problem though.........ECU Tuning. Honmestly, you guys shouldn't even be looking at any kinda FI untill there's some good ECU modifying (ie Hondata). I mean take the 05+ RSXs, That doesn't even have a DBW (Drive by wire) but no one has cracked them yet. Hondata only has a "Re flash" out. So Untill there's somthing more tunable, Stay away from FI.
Hell I'm a Jackson Racing Only (autherized) Dealer/Installer in the East, and even I'm staying away from a blower until there's tuning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
:thumb:
Hondaid said:
There is one problem though.........ECU Tuning. Honmestly, you guys shouldn't even be looking at any kinda FI untill there's some good ECU modifying (ie Hondata). I mean take the 05+ RSXs, That doesn't even have a DBW (Drive by wire) but no one has cracked them yet. Hondata only has a "Re flash" out. So Untill there's somthing more tunable, Stay away from FI.
Hell I'm a Jackson Racing Only (autherized) Dealer/Installer in the East, and even I'm staying away from a blower until there's tuning.
oh absolutely. funny how a lot of people here in my neck of the woods (so cal) buy so many "performance" parts but never bother to get the car properly tuned at a dyno of sorts. it is like they magically expect everything to be in perfect condition. :rolleyes: I remember watching my brother years ago, with his vw's, crank out some impressive numbers because he took the time to get everything tuned at a dyno. not just slap on some bolt on's with cams and such and call it a day. gotta get everything working together, flowin' together, makes for a better :driving: experience and for a better car!

For the k20z3, i wouldn't mind seein' some hotter cams (see # 3), set the vtech a little earlier in the rpms (see #3 too), of course, see the the engine rev higher and higher (#3) :hail: no FI for me, give me a brembo brake kit instead

---Colin-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
PIRCES WILL FALL AND THE TECH ON THIS WILL BE HARD TO CRACK AT FIRST

HEY GUYS. I CAME FROM THE DOMESTIC TRUCK MARKET,I HAD A 03 DODGE HEMI THAT I TUNED OUT AND HAD FUN WITH. BUT I PAID GOOD MONEY OFR QUICK HP MODS WHEN THE BIGGEST MOD CAME FROM CUTTING THE TCM WIRE LEADING OFF OF THE ECU. JUST A THOUGHT TO KEEP THE BANK ACCOUNT FULL UNTIL SOMEONE PROVES THE MODS. MOST MODS WITH THE NEW BRAINS ARE GREAT AT FIRST BUT WILL GET COMP'D BY THE BRAIN. MY TRUCK TORE DOWN THE TRACK BUT AFTER THE 3RD COLD RUN THE COMP TOOK .2 OFF THE TOP. I HOPE IT IS NOT THE SAME WITH THE IMPORT AND I AM PROUD AND EXCITED TO GET THE SI IN MY HANDS.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top