8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:dancing:

i hated the way the shift boot would sag and show the shifter's stem :facepalm:
i thought about ordering the collar which holds it up,, then i thought of this, its almost free, and reallll easyy :woowoo: //// :dance:

refer to pics -------->

just get 2 of these thick rubber bands, and just loop it over the stem, make sure you clear the threads so there wont be any issues with the fitments of the shift knob :corona:

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
I just bought that same shift knob and was pissed how it looked when I put it on. Was trying to think of a way to keep it up...THANK YOU for this, good idea man.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I did something simular, but my silver panel kept popping up due to the stock boot being too small. Now I'm waiting on a boot

·
Registered
209 Posts
:dancing:

i hated the way the shift boot would sag and show the shifter's stem :facepalm:
i thought about ordering the collar which holds it up,, then i thought of this, its almost free, and reallll easyy :woowoo: //// :dance:

refer to pics -------->

just get 2 of these thick rubber bands, and just loop it over the stem, make sure you clear the threads so there wont be any issues with the fitments of the shift knob :corona:
Lol so simple yet so effective. +rep ;)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What happens to the locking nut?
well you can put it on too, just make sure the rubber bands are clear of the threads. or you can just leave it off.

you do know a ziptie does the exact same thing right?

and its easier.
i tried using the zip tie on the stem and its tricky and counter-intuitive..
because with the rubber bands, you can adjust exactly where up and down you want your shift boot sitting, and it has a better cohesive property rather than plastic trying to stick to aluminum. i tried getting the zip tie on the the perfect point right under the threads, and it would slide down or the shift boot would be to short. and rubber bands are just as easy if not easier, you don't have to cut anything, and if you don't know how to loop rubber bands lol then well.... uh, you get the point.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
have you ever thought of using TWO zipties? It holds the shift boot all the way to the shift knob.
lol dude its just as easy, using zipties or rubber bands, either way it works.. i don't see why your arguing over the ease of use of zip ties, i really don't care what people use. i personally think rubber bands are better, and you don't need a knife to cut it off. :umad:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
17 Participants
MattalliSI
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing