8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Jet Black M3 w/SMG. It had 30k miles on it, and is in almost new condition. I love the car, and it has been my dream car for sometime now. I will still be sticking with the forum since it is a great community, hopefully everyone enjoys the pictures, let me know what you guys think.

and for a final one, these are the tires that came on the car.... pretty lame but it helped bring the price down since we had to buy new tires yesterday.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
nice car... i love M3s!

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
nice car and good luck with it. but oyu shhoudl definatly give it a good detailing as the swirls in the paint looks like crap in the last pic.

·
Registered
126 Posts
niiice ridde dude.. Personally i'd want to have that car rubbed out since its been through a carwash by the swirl marks i've seen and that black will be phat and back alive... Unless your going to be putting it through a carwash too and dont like handwashin.. w.e phattt rideeee

EDIT**Nighthawksi beat me to it..

·
Registered
522 Posts
nicer ride... good luck with it i hope it turns out to be running prob free and everything..
and yeah you need a real good detail job (also remove that sticker by your tag lol )

·
Registered
618 Posts
sweet ride...M3 ftw!!! Anyone who has ever driven one of these cars knows that this is a serious upgrade:)
Very nice...congrats.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Definitely wax that. Great car! Good luck with it! That is bit for bit my EXACT dream car. But then I'd rather have a TT Supra :biggrin: Regardless, AMAZING car.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
awesome ride man, my bf (best friend) got a steal grey 6 spead, 04 with about 23,000 on the odo, fully loaded...great deal...only thing was it's been in an accident which we were not aware of when we bought it. The engines are bullet proof like the si's runs like new but we've been having some slight suspension probs on one side of the wheel from the accident nothing too serious..and are trying to get it fixed up...but yeah man I drive it all the time.....especially when he's drunk...enjoy it defitely a nice ride...

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
LUUUUUCCCCCKYYYYYY!!!!!!! I <3 M3's

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I love the e46 M3, also a dream car of mine. Sorry, bro but its certainly not almost new. There are scratches everywhere. I frequent the M3zine and those guy suggest a manual if used and no warranty. Does this have the warranty and have you had the service where they adjust the valves? Also, how much did you pay?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
grats, i thought by some law, the dealership has to put on new tires, to make the car safe, for when it leaves the dealership. anyways, good looking M3.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I love them too but i hope you have deep pockets ready for repairs!... my buddy Joey has an 02 E46 and he has had horrible luck with his, I hope yours turns out better, beautiful car though.

·
Registered
795 Posts
haha I'm thinking about doing the same thing... my uncle has one in blue and its amazing i was in it 4 days ago and he was going 147 in 5th

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
sweet that is a really short shifter! What does smg mean...isnt it something with paddle shifters?

The Sequential Manual Gearbox, aka Sequential M Gearbox ( US BMW to have SMG-II is the E46 M3 ). It's not an automatic, and its not a manual. It's a sort of mix between the two. There's no torque convertor ( like a manual ), yet the driver can opt to have the onboard computers change gears for him ( like an automatic ). Oh, and there's no need for a clutch -- SMG-II does it all itself via hydraulics.

OK. So picture a manual, but without a clutch pedal. Instead of the conventional H-pattern, SMG-II gives drivers something different. Drivers can still opt to row their own gears ( hitting the rev limiter just like a normal manual ), but changing gears happens in the blink of an eye by pulling back or forward on the "shifter". 80milliseconds. No human could possibly change that fast. Oh, and if you have to downshift, you'll even get a little throttle blip as SMG-II matches revs. Heel-toe driving gone, perfect shifts every time.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts