8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any gains or difference? might be interested.
I only had it on for a day and then I got my CT supercharger kit and went back to the stock one. Noticed a little better throttle response, but didn't drive on it but about 10 miles or so.

So they bore it out and change the plate and all that?
Yes, they bore it and install a new throttle plate.

there a thread some where about the bore and there are some good gains expesaly in the mid range
Exactly, I'll try to find the thread on here about it.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
That would be great, except for the fact that the wall on our TB is way too thin to bore out.
DO NOT send your stock TB to be bored out. There is barely any room.
Here's SI Speed 317 comment and I agree with him that our stock TB is too thin to even bore it. Just how much thinner is it compared to stock. This discussion was on the TSX TB (64mm) vs our SI bored (64mm)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's SI Speed 317 comment and I agree with him that our stock TB is too thin to even bore it. Just how much thinner is it compared to stock. This discussion was on the TSX TB (64mm) vs our SI bored (64mm)
While I appreciate your concern, I have actually sent a TB to be bored and am looking at it in person. It is completely fine. Unless you're planning on installing it with a sledge hammer (I don't recommend doing that) there is nothing wrong with the thinner wall.

This is a for sale thread, and I would appreciate it if you kept all other negative comments to PM's. I have no problem discussing your concern further through PM.

Will

·
Registered
399 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.