8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
8,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again WTF Honda?! Why is your paint soooooo soft?

This has been the only car (besides my other two hondas/acuras) that I have been able to SCRATCH the clear coat with a friggin MICROFIBER TOWEL...

Any input?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Were they brand new? Were you using them to dry off the car or remove wax or such from it?

I threw all my old ones away and my new ones from Meguiar's should arrive sometime tomorrow.

·
Banned
8,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought mine from Advanced Auto Parts, 3 for like $7 or something like that.

I bought two of them, and just cracked open the second pack because the first ones were. 2nd ones still do the same. I am pretty pissed off now. Looks I like am going to be getting that Jade Green paint I wanted, but in a year or so.

·
Registered
67 Posts
yeah..i gotta agree with you on that...the paint and clearcoat is really thin..
you just gotta be really careful when wiping with microfiber towels...i won't wipe it unless i spray a quick detailer or just when still wet from washing...and only use good quality products...i usually wax 1x month and keep on top of it as far as bird droppings and tree sap, etc...the paint quality is poor, it's the only thing i have a problem with other than that i'm satisfied with my fg2..i expected better from honda, having 2000 odyssey and 2002 accord in the family and the paint on those are better quality.

·
Banned
8,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah.... VERY disappointed in the paint quality I even have manufacturer defects in the paint, where one spot is lighter than the others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts