8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts

Maybe you guys can help me figure out what I'm missing. The brake pedal has gradually gotten softer and softer as I've owned the car, but never has gotten to the point where I couldn't lock up the wheels.

Anyways I decided I wanted a firmed 'catchy' pedal again so I bled my brakes thinking there was air in the lines. That didn't do the trick so I replaced the master cylinder. After bleeding the brakes for 2 hours today the pedal feel is back to what is was before more or less.

Something that occurred to me a few minutes ago is that I could have a frozen caliper pin somewhere, I've heard of that causing soft pedal.

What is causing my soft pedal? It's driving me nuts!
Got my car in the shop after doing a simple brake job and they were concerned about the soft pedal.

· Registered
13 Posts
I actually replaced my vacuum booster hose, it made the stickiness go away, but not the softness (I didn't replace my master yet). I tried to reverse bleed to send air up, but my setup didn't work. My bleed screws are leaking fluid out around the threads when I bleed. I'm suspicious this is trapping a tiny bit of air in each caliper.

· Registered
22 Posts
I've got the opposite problem, A hard pedal w/ little or delayed bite. The brake booster is suspected to be the culprit. I'm having a hard time finding a replacement for it being a 2.0 model.

I think it's the equivalent of a si in north America. This trim isn't particularly common where I'm at that's why the availability of it is a pain.

Sent from my RMX3690 using Tapatalk

· Registered
13 Posts
Did you check the hose supplying vacuum to the booster? There is a check valve in there that is known to get dirty and sticky. . You can clean them out I've been told, but I just replaced mine since it's only $35. In your case maybe the hose has a leak or disconnected

21 - 27 of 27 Posts