8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok my fg2 is an 07 and i am planning on puttin on a Strup RH within the next month...what i trying to figure ouut is does anyone know how often our cars need to be smogged...i heard like new cars now adays dont need smog checks that often until x amount of years (6?) then it goes back to the routine of like once every one or two years....

can i call dmv and ask when i m due up for one? will they tell me?

i dont wanna strap on the header to have to take it off for a check and then put it back on....

cliffs
- im a lazy f*** and dont wanna take on and off my header for a smog check...
- how can i tell when i m up for one??

didnt know where to post this...mods move it if need be thank u

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
thats the thing with us Cali folks. your gonna need to have contacts going to smog to try and keep it legit...plus its all in the tuning. you could tune for max hp, drivibility, and to minimize smog. Dunno the x amount of years til ur first smog but u have a lot of time to play. Just be cautious when driving cuz u know cali cops..they'll get u for everything. If your doing a sleeper status like me, you'll be good...just change ur exhaust to avoid unwanted attention or just keep it stock.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
smog wise after the the six years i guess but tickets r a pain in the ass....i have hfp right now and witht the strup header going in i dont think it would be too bad....i heard sound clips on youtube on it

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
yeah, with cali...its either excessive noise or visual bling that will attract the cops. good thing i don't have neither 1....only under boost haha.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
in Texas, if you have an OBD2 port they don't do a smog test at all just a general inspection that you have to do once a year.

·
Registered
872 Posts
in Texas, if you have an OBD2 port they don't do a smog test at all just a general inspection that you have to do once a year.
Same here in Maine. As long as your not throwing an emissions code or something like that then you are all set.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts