8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I don't know about you guys, but after having this navigation system in my car for the past five months, I could NEVER own another car without one. I'm directionally challenged, and this is the first car I've ever owned with a navigation system and it rocks! I don't ever get lost anymore. There is no feeling in the world like knowing wherever I am, I'll always be able to get back home. And what is cool is I've actually used it to go places I already know how to get to, and I've discovered new routes because of this system. More efficient routes actually.

I think for the quality and integration (steering wheel controls, clean dash look) of this system it is more than worth the money. I guess if you're the type of person who never gets lost it's probably not worth it, but for someone like myself who could get lost going around the block, it's a lifesaver.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
yea...i like the Oem Nav., had to have it on a Brand New Car! Plus it gives the Dash a cleaner look.
Great @ giving info. on Business phone# or address across the Us. Especially for Locating that Date with the Cute Girl i just meet the other day. Could use an Upgrade DvD map.
PC Cards works like an i-Pod, only wish it could store more songs. No more sctrached/messy Cd's! Colors to match my insturment panels a +.
Now this is what i don't like: No Dvd Video! And not sure if it Camera capable.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Looking back, I sometimes wish I had picked up the Navi model. I have a small Garmin GPS in the little recess in front of the shifter, and it works well enough. I've done some research and apparently installing the OEM Navi in a non-Navi civic is a huge (expensive) undertaking. Anyone have more information on this project? Glad to hear it works so well though!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Man I don't know about you guys, but after having this navigation system in my car for the past five months, I could NEVER own another car without one. I'm directionally challenged, and this is the first car I've ever owned with a navigation system and it rocks! I don't ever get lost anymore. There is no feeling in the world like knowing wherever I am, I'll always be able to get back home. And what is cool is I've actually used it to go places I already know how to get to, and I've discovered new routes because of this system. More efficient routes actually.

I think for the quality and integration (steering wheel controls, clean dash look) of this system it is more than worth the money. I guess if you're the type of person who never gets lost it's probably not worth it, but for someone like myself who could get lost going around the block, it's a lifesaver.
:yeahthat: I Feel the Same Way... my next car HAS to have navi as well.....:thumb:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I really like the OEM nav but I do have one problem with it....

Whoever designed the GUI did a HORRIBLE job. Seriously, it looks like something that was made for Windows 95. I cannot believe that Honda couldn't get someone to design a beautifully attractive GUI for it. There are so many people out there that could have designed a better one in a couple of hours. It's truly sad.

The voice recognition sucks ass though.
Strange, this thing recognizes my voice perfectly all the time.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Looking back, I sometimes wish I had picked up the Navi model. I have a small Garmin GPS in the little recess in front of the shifter, and it works well enough. I've done some research and apparently installing the OEM Navi in a non-Navi civic is a huge (expensive) undertaking. Anyone have more information on this project? Glad to hear it works so well though!
It's not a huge and expensive UNDERTAKING. You first have to know what you're doing, and if you don't then ask the right people the right questions. You obviously haven't done enough research.:wavey:

·
Registered
637 Posts
It's not a huge and expensive UNDERTAKING. You first have to know what you're doing, and if you don't then ask the right people the right questions. You obviously haven't done enough research.:wavey:
Actually, I have. And the posts here either say it's "impossible" (as told by one owner's dealer) or not worth the cost. Replacing the wiring harness seems to be the big sticking point...

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
yea...i like the Oem Nav., had to have it on a Brand New Car! Plus it gives the Dash a cleaner look.
Great @ giving info. on Business phone# or address across the Us. Especially for Locating that Date with the Cute Girl i just meet the other day. Could use an Upgrade DvD map.
PC Cards works like an i-Pod, only wish it could store more songs. No more sctrached/messy Cd's! Colors to match my insturment panels a +.
Now this is what i don't like: No Dvd Video! And not sure if it Camera capable.
Since when does any OEM navigation play dvd's on your dash. That's just asking for trouble. No car company will ever do that. BTW the CRV unit is rear camera capable, you should look into that.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.