8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's up guys. Anyone know of any '06 stuff available? I'd love to get a Hondata ECU (or other?). What about AEM intake? Exhaust/muffler choices? What's up with the new cat on the intake mani and exhaust options?

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
greddy will have 3 different exhuast setups by xmas/january time. Hondata is working on ecu stuff currently, but no date is set in stone.

Stuff will be out pretty quick though. Tein/Eibach already have stuff ready for the SI as soon as it actually hits dealerships. A few companies already have supercharger setups pretty much ready to go as well. I haven't heard a date on AEM or Injen for intakes YET, but I'm sure it will be soon. The store isn't that far away. I know I've said this a lot lately, but I've been really swamped with stuff.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like it could be a good Xmas. :)

I'm ready to do something with my EX Coupe M/T. LOVING it! I have about 1700 miles over 3 weeks.

Would love to do an ECU, intake and exhaust. For me, something that empasizes the low-mid range where I spend 95% of the time.

I'd like to find out how the stock EX rates. How restrictive is the intake flow? How restrictive is the stock exhaust? If I am not going turbo/blower (yet) then is piping ok with a replacement muffler? And do I understand correctly that the intake/exhaust manifold is some kind of one piece unit that feeds direct to the cat? That sounds like it's going to be an added expense if you want to do headers.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Phun Siz said:
Sounds like it could be a good Xmas. :)

I'm ready to do something with my EX Coupe M/T. LOVING it! I have about 1700 miles over 3 weeks.

Would love to do an ECU, intake and exhaust. For me, something that empasizes the low-mid range where I spend 95% of the time.

I'd like to find out how the stock EX rates. How restrictive is the intake flow? How restrictive is the stock exhaust? If I am not going turbo/blower (yet) then is piping ok with a replacement muffler? And do I understand correctly that the intake/exhaust manifold is some kind of one piece unit that feeds direct to the cat? That sounds like it's going to be an added expense if you want to do headers.
I'm looking for the same thing you are! More power to the wheels, and a nice sound! Still not sure if I even need a header, since the intake/exhaust manifold is one piece. Maybe just need a new ECU piggyback, and high flow cat converter. I think the pipe from cat back is already atleast 2.5 inces(correct me if im wrong). Anyways im sure they won't come out with these parts until the Si is officially released in Dec. They wouldn't like an EX speeding past a new Si. :driving: :driving:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
~racnjsn04~ said:
I'm looking for the same thing you are! More power to the wheels, and a nice sound!
Amen brother! :)

~racnjsn04~ said:
Still not sure if I even need a header, since the intake/exhaust manifold is one piece. Maybe just need a new ECU piggyback, and high flow cat converter. I think the pipe from cat back is already at least 2.5 inces(correct me if im wrong).
Yeah, if the pipe is 2.25+ then don't need it any bigger unless you are boosting. I'm not sure what the '06 EX has.

~racnjsn04~ said:
Anyways im sure they won't come out with these parts until the Si is officially released in Dec. They wouldn't like an EX speeding past a new Si. :driving: :driving:
Maybe "they" won't, but I would. :) Although I greatly doubt it's possible without boosting.

Give me my intake (AEM V2? with dual length tubes), exhaust (?) and ECU (Hondata?) and I'll be happy... for now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm getting extremely impatient waiting on stuff to come out for my 06'. Can't even find a drop in filter for it. I hated the other day when i got my oil changed i had to take the paper filter out and beat it. Kinda embarassed me hahaha. Anyway, if anyone gets word of anything that comes out as far as intakes and exhaust, let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hondata worked for over a year on the TSX ECU before they were ready to announce a significant HP gain.

I would say be patient on that, but the bolt on stuff should be coming out all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts