8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg:

Never thought I would be saying this, but it's kind of a nice car :xyxnervou

My Si has been in the shop getting some damage repaired from an apartment gate (that stupid thing). Anyways, I had a 05+ V6 Mustang rental for the past 2 weeks until a couple days ago. My friend from ASU was going back home and always has me keep his car driven and outside my house (as opposed to stranded at the Uni). So, this has been my DD until I get the Si back. Despite the pretty ugly looks of the outside and the lack of navi and not so nice sound, the engine is pretty damn nice. Plenty of torque pretty much all the time, and no DBW woes. Butter smooth from start up and no cold start jerkiness like in the Si. Very linear power delivery obviously as opposed to the Si. The seats are less bolstered, but the headrests are much nicer. Cupholders are blown out of the water by the Si, though :D. Very comfortable in the twisties so far (but this could just be after driving the Stanger for 2 weeks..). My Si and his Spec are pretty much even, but I pull him a bit now with the addition of my RH.

Should be getting the Si back today, so this may turn into a flaming thread later on :D :D

·
Registered
430 Posts
:eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg:

Never thought I would be saying this, but it's kind of a nice car :xyxnervou

My Si has been in the shop getting some damage repaired from an apartment gate (that stupid thing). Anyways, I had a 05+ V6 Mustang rental for the past 2 weeks until a couple days ago. My friend from ASU was going back home and always has me keep his car driven and outside my house (as opposed to stranded at the Uni). So, this has been my DD until I get the Si back. Despite the pretty ugly looks of the outside and the lack of navi and not so nice sound, the engine is pretty damn nice. Plenty of torque pretty much all the time, and no DBW woes. Butter smooth from start up and no cold start jerkiness like in the Si. Very linear power delivery obviously as opposed to the Si. The seats are less bolstered, but the headrests are much nicer. Cupholders are blown out of the water by the Si, though :D. Very comfortable in the twisties so far (but this could just be after driving the Stanger for 2 weeks..). My Si and his Spec are pretty much even, but I pull him a bit now with the addition of my RH.

Should be getting the Si back today, so this may turn into a flaming thread later on :D :D
I had an 03 Spec V, they're good cars for the money but the new one is sooo ugly on the outside.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had an 03 Spec V, they're good cars for the money but the new one is sooo ugly on the outside.
You're telling me.. I give him so much **** about how it's a down syndrome short bus, but I guess it's not too bad.........but like I said, once I see my pretty Si again after 2 weeks, this could all go out the window :D

The QR should prove to be a pretty nice powerplant for the aftermarket, though.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I actually like how the Spec-V looks in yellow.
I might be the only person on here who likes it. Ionno

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
i think the power is good on it.
ive seen the car in person, n i think it looks good

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh ya, the RED seatbelts.. forgot about that. My GF helped me drop off the rental and then took me to his car. Later on, the first thing she mentioned was how obvious and tacky the seatbelts were :(

EDIT: Here's the turd in question..

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
The wheels look ridiculously small on a body as meaty as that car. It makes it look skewed and way out of proportion.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
It's not bad.. but only the Spec V
the front end looks like a cadillac for some reason with the way the headlights and the grill are positioned
and it is a bit stubby length wise, but nonetheless, it isn't too bad looking.

the altima coupe on the other hand...

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wooo Si is back :D So small things I totally forgot about over the course of the week
-steering wheel controls
-fast roll up windows
-armrest that is actually usable
-normal colored seat belts
-coupe :D

Missed the Si!! Although the body shop didn't do a perfect job on it (slight marring above the HFP side skirt where it was damaged), I'm glad to have it back!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oh ya, the RED seatbelts.. forgot about that. My GF helped me drop off the rental and then took me to his car. Later on, the first thing she mentioned was how obvious and tacky the seatbelts were :(

EDIT: Here's the turd in question..
I should have taken the grill out before I left; forcing you to drive around looking GHETTO :hyper::hyper::hyper:

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
To me the 2002-2003 models where hot. Rims, engine, transmission.
i almost decided to get a used one before i decided to get an Si.

new ones = poop.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts